PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• danielleindebt
    Options
    does anyone have any nice truffle ideas? i hate dark choc and tries belgan choc and its not nice.

its my 1st go and waiting for the choc to harden.

any tips?
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    does anyone have any nice truffle ideas? i hate dark choc and tries belgan choc and its not nice.

its my 1st go and waiting for the choc to harden.

any tips?

Hi, there! Either I've had too many glasses of red, or this doesn't make sense :confused: :rotfl: :rotfl:

For chocolate truffles, I use Delia's recipe - messy but delicious.

Is that any help? Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • aimeelister
    Options
    Ive just (ok on Thurs) made the Delia ones. I dont like dark chocolate but they were ok. (chocolate should be cadbury dairy milk and nothing else but i could eat these without gagging) Made them for a friend and he loved them.

I am going to try with milk chocolate so will let you know if it works.
    Ax
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    this is a recipe I found some time ago
    Ingredients:
    8 ounces good-quality semi- or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely
    chopped
    4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
    8 tablespoons unsalted butter
    1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    Your choice of flavoring (see below)
    Your choice of coating (see below)
    Method:
    1. Heat chocolates, butter and milk in a pan until chocolates and butter are
    partially melted. Remove from heat and stir until completely melted. Whisk in
    desired flavoring until creamy-smooth.
    2. Transfer to a bowl and let stand until firm enough to hold its shape, about 2
    hours.
    3. Using a dessert spoon mold chocolate into balls, and place on a cookie sheet lined with greased
    parchment paper.
    4. Place desired coating in a small bowl. Working one at a time, drop truffles
    into the bowl with greased fingertips. Shake bowl back and forth so truffles are
    completely coated. If necessary, roll truffles by hand to make round.
    5. Return to parchment. (Can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 5
    days or frozen up to 1 month.) Before serving, let stand at room temperature to
    soften slightly.
    .Flavors:
    1. Orange: 6 Tbs. orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier, and 1/2 tsp.
    finely grated orange zest
    2. Coffee: 6 Tbs. coffee-flavored liqueur, such as Kahlua and 1 tsp. instant
    .Coatings:
    1 cup of either:
    flaked coconut, roasted pistachios, minced toasted walnuts, sifted unsweetened
    cocoa, sprinkles
    Coatings can be used separately or mixed according to preference
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have tried the search but it doesnt seem to be working for me today? was wanting to make some truffles for dh as it is his birthday tomorrow so thinking of doing a foodie hamper, he will be getting a proper pressie on monday which is payday:D

but want to do something for him tomorrow, any good recipes for truffles?

susie
  • AliBow
    AliBow Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Melt a big bar of dark chocolate (the 70% coco stuff). Stir in a couple of teaspoons of honey and a slosh of his favourite liquor gently. Let it cool down. When its set use a teaspoon to scrap into rough balls and roll them around in your hands to warm then roll through icing sugar or coco to dust. Very rich and very yummy. Hope that helps :D
    I'm through accepting limits
    'Cuz someone says they're so
    Some things I cannot change
    But till I try, I'll never know!
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Hi, kyle! The Search facility seems to have clocked off early for the weekend! I use Delia's recipe.

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • Lynda.s.
    Options
    I made chocolate truffles last night from a Nigella recipe, brought them into work today all proud of myself and found that they are far far too rich. Now I have a batch made in the fridge, ready to roll and am doubtfull that anyone will eat them!

Any idea's how i can tone the mixture down at this stage?

:confused:

Thanks!
  • Ianna
    Ianna Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    TOO RICH??? Is there such a thing???

Is there anyway you could use it as part of a cake or pudding? Maybe adding crushed digestives and glace cherries to make it like a fridge cake?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure