PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Comments

• Haha liking the chocolate body paint idea...maybe I'll save some of the mixture now anyway! ;)
    I didn't put any actual alcohol in, just some rum essence flavouring so it's not that wet. I'll leave it for a bit longer, try again, then maybe put it in the fridge for 20mins or so.
    Thanks so much for your help :)
  • Hi

had a bit of a cake disaster for my sons party. I am left with lots of cake crumbs (have salvaged most of the cake).

Does anyone have a recipe for truffles/cakes that I can make for the party which would use up the considerable left over cake crumbs.

I have some left over cooking chocolate, golden syrup, biscuits and cup cases and sprinkles.

Recipes or inspiration please. They are 5 year olds, so not too discerning.

thanks. need this asap as his party is tomorrow.

sarah
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    lots of chocolate truffle recipes in this thread HERE if you scroll down a bit, past the ones for sweets, you'll find one that uses sponge fingers or cake crumbs

HTH :)
  • I would melt some chocolate and margarine/butter together and mix that in with the cake crumbs, you could add some sultanas/chopped cherries as well if you have any. If it were for adults I would also add some rum/rum flavouring You need a firmish mixture that you can then roll into balls. You can then roll these in chocolate vermicelli or cocoa put into cases and leave in the fridge till set.

My children used to make these as present for christmas.
    True wealth lies in contentment - not cash. Dollydaydream 2006
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I'd like to make the wife some home made chocolate truffles, but I don't know how? Anybody got a simple recipe? MTIA.:o
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • yorksbabe
    yorksbabe Posts: 202 Forumite
    hi, this is my recipe:- 5 oz dark chocolate
    5 oz double cream
    1 oz unsalted butter

Break chocolate & put in processor. Put cream & butter in pan & melt on gentle heat. Switch on processor & put cream mixture through feeder tube til its mixed with chocolate. Pour into a bowl & leave to thicken in fridge. Roll into balls & roll into cocoa. ENJOY!!!!
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    yorksbabe wrote: »
    5 oz double cream
    1 oz unsalted butter

Break chocolate & put in processor. Put cream & butter in pan & melt on gentle heat. Switch on processor & put cream mixture through feeder tube til its mixed with chocolate. Pour into a bowl & leave to thicken in fridge. Roll into balls & roll into cocoa. ENJOY!!!!

Approx how many does this make?
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • yorksbabe wrote: »
    5 oz double cream
    1 oz unsalted butter

Blimey, not much to it is there. Might have a crack at this myself.
    SIMPLE SIMON - Met a pie man going to the fair. Said Simple Simon to the pie man, "What have you got there?" Said the pie man unto Simon, "Pies, you simpleton!"
  • me too thanks for the recipe x
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ WOO HOO what a ride!

• sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That sounds good will be making them for Christmas Thanks
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts