PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Comments

• Frags
    Frags Posts: 111 Forumite
    Am planning on making lots of truffles for Xmas this year as i wrap them in celeophane and give them to people as presents. I was wondering if you can freeze them because once they are made they dont last very long but would like to get them made in advance?
  • Yes, they freeze really well, and will keep until Christmas..........unless like me, you sneak them out for yourself!

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Frags
    Thanks Penny!

Can i roll them in coco powder before i freeze them or do i need to do that after?
  • I've frozen my chocolate coated, cocoa dusted truffles - they should be fine as long as you defrost them at room temperature overnight (to avoid bloom etc).
    :cool: Proud DFW Nerd 135 :cool:
    Sealed Pot Challenge - 019
  • rockie4
    rockie4 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm planning to do the same, I've found a site that sells nice boxes etc that are pretty reasonable.
    I plan to do mine this weekend then freeze but I think I'd better put a little note in saying don't re-freeze and eat quickly.........they wouldn't nees to tell me to do that!!!!
  • Frags
    rockie4 wrote: »
    I'm planning to do the same, I've found a site that sells nice boxes etc that are pretty reasonable.
    I plan to do mine this weekend then freeze but I think I'd better put a little note in saying don't re-freeze and eat quickly.........they wouldn't nees to tell me to do that!!!!

Hi Rockie,

Have u got the link to the website for boxes? I ususally use celeophane but boxes might be wuite nice.
  • Liliboo
    Liliboo Posts: 136 Forumite
    Hi All, I don't usually post on here but I was wondering...
    Would any of you be kind enough to share your recipe for truffles with me or point me in the direction of where I could find a nice one. I normally make boxes & buy sweets or fudge for christmas gifts but I'm thinking making truffles would be more MSE of me seeing as this year I'm a little bit skint!!

Lil xxx
    Natwest CC: £389.07 (limit £500)
    Natwest OD: £1,932.62 (limit £2,000)
    Mum: £1,500
    Visa CC: £60.04 (limit £250)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi Liliboo,

There are quite a few truffle recipes on this thread:

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Pink
  • Frags
    Liliboo wrote: »
    Hi All, I don't usually post on here but I was wondering...
    Would any of you be kind enough to share your recipe for truffles with me or point me in the direction of where I could find a nice one. I normally make boxes & buy sweets or fudge for christmas gifts but I'm thinking making truffles would be more MSE of me seeing as this year I'm a little bit skint!!

Lil xxx

Hey Lil,

I use Deliahs receipe.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/home-made-chocolate-truffles,796,RC.html

I am going to try the ginger and almond flake ones this year. I am also going to buy the crystalised fruits you can get (I am sure they have a proper name) and dip them half wat in chocolate, that way i can make up a nice selection for people. I also considered coating dates in chocolate?? Anyone else got any good homemade sweet/ chocolate ideas???
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I found a website which has a recipe for vegan truffles. They sound delicious. I haven't got round to making any yet, but I will do (eventually!)

http://piginthekitchen.blogspot.com/2007/03/pigs-truffles.html
    http://piginthekitchen.blogspot.com/2007/05/apricot-running-truffles.html
    http://piginthekitchen.blogspot.com/2007/06/chocolate-chilli-truffles-egg-free.html

Sorry don't know how to do links so I just copied and pasted the web address.

[Aaah, so that's how you do links!]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport