PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• princesstippytoes
    Options
    cady wrote: »
    Hiya im lookng for some easy chcuk it together style truffles to make for xmas i saw the xmas pud style stuff on Nigellas xmas show and was looking for a few different varietys i could make i have very little in my store cubard so dont want to have to buy loads of expensive flavorings but would love some of these to make as presents!! any ideas??

Google is your friend. :cool:
    Life is too short to waste a minute of it complaining about bad luck. Find joy in the simple things, show your love for those around you and be grateful for all that you have. :)
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi cady,

There's an earlier thread with recipes that may help so I've added your post to it to keep the replies together.

This thread may help too:

OS Style homemade sweets/toffees/fudge

Pink
  • dutchy
    dutchy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    danables wrote: »
    thanks for this- how long will the keep for do you know? I want to make them for a xmas hamper but dont want them to go off.

Hello!

I keep them in the fridge because they contain butter, and the folks I've given them to so far I've advised the same. However, I've found a real problem with this as after a couple of days in my fridge they disappear!
    Oh well.

Dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dutchy wrote: »
    Hello!

I keep them in the fridge because they contain butter, and the folks I've given them to so far I've advised the same. However, I've found a real problem with this as after a couple of days in my fridge they disappear!
    Oh well.

Dutchy

The fridge eats them. We have the same problem with leftover cold roast potatoes. ;):rotfl:
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,119 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Justamum wrote: »
    The fridge eats them. We have the same problem with leftover cold roast potatoes. ;):rotfl:
    You too? Although funnily enough our fridge isn't as hungry when DS2 is away at Uni ...
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • RHYSDAD
    RHYSDAD Posts: 2,346 Forumite
    Options
    We're going to try to make home made chocolate truffles for gifts for the grandparents this Christmas. Has anyone else made them? We're planning on using a fairly straightforward Delia recipe but if anyone else has made them, are there any pointers you can give me!! I don't want to 'fudge' them up!!

Many Thanks, RD.
    "Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from your friend's forehead."

Chinese Proverb

• Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    RHYSDAD wrote: »
    We're going to try to make home made chocolate truffles for gifts for the grandparents this Christmas. Has anyone else made them? We're planning on using a fairly straightforward Delia recipe but if anyone else has made them, are there any pointers you can give me!! I don't want to 'fudge' them up!!

Many Thanks, RD.

We have a whole thread,to which I'll add your question :D

I use Delia's recipe, and have found it pretty foolproof, but messy :T

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • kavi_2
    Options
    usually make mine about three or four days before (20th) so I can hand them out on Xmas eve, that way the receipients don't have to scoff the lot straight away! I did this last year for a few v good friends (usually I did it for family) and have already had requests for this year.
    Chocolates
    Luxury Chocolates
  • jorichste
    Options
    yum yum, i will be 50 stone by the time i'm finished!! so many recipes to try. I have dark choc with rum and white choc with baileys sitting in the fridge now, don't think they will be there for long though
  • jasmine33
    Options
    I want to make some truffles for Christmas presents. Made with condensed milk and not cream.Can any one help please?

Jasmine
    Jasmine
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family