PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi jasmine,

There's a recent thread with some recipes for truffles using condensed milk that should be the sort of thing you're looking for so I'll add your post to it to keep the replies together.

Pink
  • blue_ashleigh
    Options
    I've tried making chocolate truffles for fathers' day and am in a bit of a flap! :o

I've melted the chocolate, added cream and cocoa powder and left in the fridge for over 2 hours - but it's not setting like the receipe said it would! HELP!!!
    Is there anything I can add to make it set?
    I need it to almost set so that I can roll it into balls and cover in grated chocolate (very calorific I know!).

I do have cookies and brownies in the freezer which I could use if this doesn't work... but it seems such a waste!
  • suseb_99
    suseb_99 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    you could always try adding more chocolate, as it's the choc that makes the truffles solidify..
    I prob wouldn't freeze them as when your father opens them they may have melted all over the place.
    Good luck
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Nip down to Thorntons luv you know daddy deserves something better than an aborted chocolate mess.
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Are you sure your fridge is at the right temperature?
  • ascot64
    ascot64 Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    I always sling things in the freezer if I want them to set quickly.
  • blue_ashleigh
    Options
    Fridge is set at level 5 (the coldest it can go) although I have absolutely no idea what temp that is!
    Chucked a bit more chocolate and cocoa powder in... fingers crossed!
    I'm very tempted to stick it in the freezer, although as suseb_99 said I don't want them to melt when I take them out!
  • absolutebounder
    absolutebounder Posts: 20,305 Forumite
    Options
    Fridge is set at level 5 (the coldest it can go) although I have absolutely no idea what temp that is!
    I'm very tempted to stick it in the freezer, although as suseb_99 said I don't want them to melt when I take them out!
    You could always stick them on a stick and put them in the freezer. truffle lolly sounds graet to me.
    Who I am is not important. What I do is.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Which recipe are you using :confused:

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • blue_ashleigh
    Options
    It was one I found in a magazine... it said it was simple and easy... well!

Added more choc and cocoa powder and it seems a bit firmer and I've managed to get them into little balls. Hopefully they will finally set.

:beer: Thank you so much!!! I'm no longing flapping around like a mad person :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure