PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It was one I found in a magazine... it said it was simple and easy... well!

Just thought, if you post what you did, and what ingredients you used, someone with experience of making truffles could give you advice .........
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • blue_ashleigh
    Options
    It said:
    Melt 200g of milk or dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water
    Add 100ml of double cream
    Add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder
    Set in fridge for one hour or until almost set
    Roll into balls and dust with cocoa powder/ grated chocolate
    Leave to finish setting in fridge

Sounds simple enough!
    It seems to be setting a bit more now... hopefully they will be extremely delicious (and bad for you!)
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    That sounds like it should work OK to me Ashleigh. Just wait a little longer.

BTW, things like chocolate truffles are only bad for you if you eat them all the time. Hope your Dad enjoys them.
  • suseb_99
    suseb_99 Posts: 177 Forumite
    Options
    that recipe sounds lovely and quite easy, so I might give them a go.. for the OH for fathers day of course, not for me !!
  • shjo558
    shjo558 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi,

I used to make chocolate truffles using digestive biscuits, condensed milk, cocoa power and maybe some melted marg. They were rolled in desicated coconut and left to harden for 10 minutes (if they were lucky:o).

I can't find my recipe anywhere - it was a handwritten thing:rolleyes: and I wondered if anyone made something similar as I'm not sure of the quantities to use?

Thanks
  • lowesy
    lowesy Posts: 372 Forumite
    Options
    Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand,
    What you've been out there searching for forever is in your hands
  • shjo558
    shjo558 Posts: 1,550 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for that, like you say the ingredients aren't the same but I'll use that as a starting point and 'try' and adapt it a wee bit;)
  • FamilyTree_2
    Options
    Hi,

I make something similar, we call them Chocolate coconut balls but the ingredients sound the same, my recipie is ( except I put coconut in the truffle itself)

1 small tin of condensed milk
    16 digestive biscuits ( crushed finely)
    2 tablespoons of coco powder
    2 tablespoons of cocouny plus some for rolling
    Butter ? sorry that's the bit I can't remember fo the top of my head, I think it's 50g but wouldn't swear to it.

I melt the butter and condesned milk in a pot and then add to the rest of the combined ingredients, leave to chill for an hour and make into balls and roll in the coconut.......really yummy.

I also know somebody who makes them with marshmallows and cherry's and no chocolate and they are really nice too.

HTH
  • makeup
    makeup Posts: 1,633 Forumite
    Options
    I hope this counts as OS as I really need some help :o

I've been making some Baileys & White Chocolate truffles and the instructions advise putting the mixture in the fridge to harden and then roll into balls and cover in icing sugar.

I've done this and the mixture has firmed up but is now like a thick paste and won't hold it's shape. I've tried making balls but the mixture just squishes....:eek:

So I need one of two kinds of help:

Either 1 - How do I rescue them? Should I add more icing sugar til they stiffen up?

Or 2 - what can I do with the mixture instead (apart from eat a spoonful each time I pass the fridge). Was thinking could use as a filling in something.....

Many thanks in advance!
    I've got my own flat :j:j

Now I have to pay the bills :eek:

And feed my interiors addiction ;)
  • lisa26_2
    lisa26_2 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Options
    I would guess that melting some more chocolate and mixing it in would help them set more
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure