PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Got anything nice to roll them in? I used cocoa powder, chocolate shavings and sprinkles.

Hope yours turn out OK and don't forget to keep the water under the bain-marie at a VERY slow simmer. One of my milk choc versions separated when I took my eye off the ball, Doh!
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Bitter I have coconut, flake which I can break and chopped mixed nuts. I also bought a melon baller to shape them. Have also got some mixed dried fruit to put in some - after I couldnt be bothered at the price of raisins (nobody seems to do value ones) - so will be like xmas pud style. Was just gonna separate some in another bowl with the fruit mixed in.

OG a bain marie??!! PPl on here say it is ok just to melt it all in a pan.??
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    if you have pan and then a dish that'll sit over it boil water in the one below and mix the melty stuff in the dish resting on it, should be fine :)

good luck and i wanna try them when they are done!! (flake coated please!)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I dont have a dish that fits a pan so good luck to me. My wooden spoon has just split in half so will have to stir with wooden spatula . lmao.. this is going so well I dont think you will be wanting one.
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    lol i'll bring my own large metal spoon and we'll eat it out of the pan then :)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It's 11pm and cos of our crappo fridge they dont seem to have set enough to shape. If I leave it in there overnight is there such thing as being too hard ??
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Reverbe wrote: »
    It's 11pm and cos of our crappo fridge they dont seem to have set enough to shape. If I leave it in there overnight is there such thing as being too hard ??

Hi Reverbe,

It's unlikely that they'll be too hard but if you think they are, then a couple of hours at room temperature should sort it out.

I've added your post to the main truffle thread as your questions may help others who are making them.

Pink
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK HELP!!! I made my truffle mixture at 6pm last night. Just taken the bowl out the fridge and tried to make balls with a melon baller. Still sticky and unable to prise out of baller. Is it cos of our very poor fridge or is it something I did wrong? I followed a recipe from here but doubled it to 300g choc, 300g double cream , knob of butter, only 2 tblsp rum(didnt double the quantity of that but added a drop more) and it has mixed dried fruit in too.

I really didnt expect it to take a whole day to set. All the methods I have seen say 2 -3 hours!!! it looks set but obviously it isnt set enough...
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK HELP!!! I made my truffle mixture at 6pm last night. Just taken the bowl out the fridge and tried to make balls with a melon baller. Still sticky and unable to prise out of baller. Is it cos of our very poor fridge or is it something I did wrong? I followed a recipe from here but doubled it to 300g choc, 300g double cream , knob of butter, only 2 tblsp rum(didnt double the quantity of that but added a drop more) and it has mixed dried fruit in too.

I really didnt expect it to take a whole day to set. All the methods I have seen say 2 -3 hours!!! it looks set but obviously it isnt set enough...:confused:
  • misskool
    misskool Posts: 12,832 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Melt some more chocolate and add to it.

The ones I've made don't seem to use that much cream.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure