PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    hi

My friend beats in icing sugar to help hers set. and very nice they tasted!!! I put mine in feezer when mine didnt set so I could roll into balls.
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having the same problem!

It's typical as I made some last week as a trial run to take to work and they were perfect. It's my own fault through as I added too much fake Baileys this time. I have just melted it down again and added another bar of chocolate (and a bit more Baileys...oops) so will wait and see what happens.

Oh and just to add, my dad just phoned as I was attempting to spoon my mixture into a...splat and he suggested either icing sugar or cocoa.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • DizzyK_2
    Options
    Was it reeeeally high percentage choc? The lower the percentage, the less cream you will need, so I'd go with the suggestion of adding more choc and re-fridging..
    (And I'm officially a trainee chocolatier don't you know :rotfl:)
    :eek:
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dizzy no I used 100g finest 70% and 200g bournville. Will go and do what you suggest.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Right melted and added. Fingers crossed! Thanks very much folks. It is more than I can offer to say thanks as this is the only thing I budgeted for as a gift and don't have anything to spend on another at this stage.
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • freakyogre
    freakyogre Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Hope it works out ok! I've just given mine a poke and it's firming up nicely, hopefully it will be ok to roll tonight, if not i'll have an early start with them as they're to take to my sisters tomorrow (otherwise i'll be turning up with a bowl of mixture and some sprinkles :p)
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Hope your truffles worked in the end. As this has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing truffle thread to keep ideas together.

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • hellokitty08
    Options
    Hi,

I have tried to search the forums for an answer to this question, but lots of posts come up when you put chocolate in the search.

I am going to make the Oreo Truffels today and was wondering what chocolate would be best for melting to coat them in? like Belguim, high coco content, cadburys etc?

Would like to get one white and one milk ideally, so any tips would be great.

I dont want to buy the wrong type that didnt set properly.
    Debt free since July 2013! Woo hoo! The bank actually laughed when I said I have come in to cancel my overdraft.
  • darkblue_2
    Options
    Cooking chocolate is normally best as it doesn't have 'such' a high sugar content and normal chocolate is liable to burn.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I'd use a 75% cocoa solids dark chocolate. Sorry, but cooking chocolate is high in non-cocoa fat, and sugar, and doesn;t taste good, IMO :o

As this has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing truffle thread, to keep ideas together.
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport