PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Reverbe :)

You can usually get the whipping cream in it's fresh state, but I have never seen it with the longlife cream. It has a fat content in between that of single and double cream.

I always used equal amounts of double cream and chocolate, melted together gently with a good knob of butter. Just let it set in a lined tin to cut into squares once chilled.
    Love and compassion to all x
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks boodle. This is exactly what I am looking for. I found another one but that had icing sugar in and I dont wanna buy that as most of it will get wasted. I was looking for just butter , cream and choc. I will try with double if I can't find this whipping. Thanks, you are a lifesaver.I combed the threads here but a lot were for cakes or used delias which uses a FP..
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I just broke the chocolate into pieces and found it melts fine without being blitzed to dust. I hope you enjoy your truffles! ;)
    Love and compassion to all x
  • horsechestnut
    Options
    If you buy double cream, pour it into the bowl you are using and fill half of the cream container with milk (fresh or long life) then add it to the double cream, that will give you the whipping cream consistency.
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whipping cream is not usually hard to find and is widely available in most supermarkets and also in many smaller corner shops too. As you live in London you shouldn't have any difficulty finding some. If for some reason you do have trouble finding it you can subtitute double cream in most circumstances.

We have an earlier thread with lots of truffle recipes for you to choose from so I'll add your thread to it to keep the recipes together.

Pink
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To borrow from one of my fave Star Trek episodes... I have been planning to make some and now have all the bits - choc, rum, fruit, butter and double cream. But I cant find the recipe now it comes down to today making them. I have been on the net and googled and looked here and searched in the library but method and ingredients are different in every one. I dont have a food processor and cant recall the proportions of the one I wrote down from here. Can anyone help? As I said before I am looking for one basically where you just melt stuff in a pan and cool it.

Thanks xx:A
  • ifonlyitwaseasier
    Options
    how about this one or maybe that one?

good luck :)
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    The quantities I used were 325 grammes of choc, 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (measured by eye) 5 tablespoons of double cream and 1 tablespoon of liqueur. I used Grand Marner and it has an alcohol flavour but no discernible orange-taste to me. Without the liqueur the mixture has hardened too much in my unheated kitchen to form it.
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks folks.Am gonna brave it after the WM finishes as have to do some washing up first and WM means we cant have anything in the aink at same time. Will be my first ever attempt so am glad of the good luck wishes.
  • Reverbe
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Cheers Ifonly . the first one uses too many ingredients but the second one sounds cool. I think someone on here told me its basically equal quantities choc and cream. I have tons of choc and 600 ml cream.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport