PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Options

Comments

• kal25
    kal25 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    Lynda, you will probably find that they will be eaten just probably not at the rate you would eat chocolate. I made some last year that were really rich like the lindt truffles where you could only eat 1 or 2 at a time. However everyone loved them.
    :smileyhea:heart: Mrs Lea Nov 5th '11 :heart::smileyhea
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thank you so much for your lovely recipes and the thoughtful link to the fudge thread. So much for eating sensibly and resisting temptation. I am now armed with about half a dozen new recipes to try-I'm sure they will all be delicious, but I would hate to look like the side of a house on account of eating so much yummy food. Thank you all anyway:j :T
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • sandy2_2
    sandy2_2 Posts: 1,931 Forumite
    Options
    kal25 wrote: »
    I made some last year that were really rich like the lindt truffles where you could only eat 1 or 2 at a time. However everyone loved them.

which recipe did you use
  • lovelyjubbly
    Options
    I posted this recipe once and it was removed, I guess I should have just put a link to it instead of copying it!:o
    anyway it is for chocolate truffles, it is very very simple, and sounds very economical, it would make an ideal gift at christmas, or to have in the house at christmas time, of course you will have to make a batch first to 'test' them:D . as I haven't tried the recipe yet, can anyone who does add to this thread and then we will all know if it is worth making!

http://www.wellbeing-nutrition.com/recipes2.htm#truffles
    look after the pennies and the pounds look after themselves.
  • Justamum
    Justamum Posts: 4,727 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well they sound tasty and very easy so next time I go to H&B I'll buy some dates and try these (though I don't think I'll go to the expense of the Green & Black's cocoa! I'll use a cheaper one instead.
  • Horse_Owner
    Options
    Does any one make their own?
  • dutchy
    dutchy Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With Christmas just around the corner, this website might come in useful for all you OS's who might like to try making your own. They look great!

www.chocolate-source.co.uk

Dutchy
    Toto, something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore......
  • danables
    danables Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for this- how long will the keep for do you know? I want to make them for a xmas hamper but dont want them to go off.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I'll add this to the exisiting chocolate truffles thread :D

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • cady
    cady Posts: 668 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya im lookng for some easy chcuk it together style truffles to make for xmas i saw the xmas pud style stuff on Nigellas xmas show and was looking for a few different varietys i could make i have very little in my store cubard so dont want to have to buy loads of expensive flavorings but would love some of these to make as presents!! any ideas??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure