PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Chocolate Truffles recipe?

Comments

• bigburd
    bigburd Posts: 117 Forumite
    :xmastree: I wonder if any of you creative people can give me the recipe for chocolate truffles with bashed-up digestive biscuits as one of the main ingredients - I tried googling it with no success!! My son wants to make them (and I'd like to eat them, lol!!) As you see I don't post very often so I'd like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas when it comes!! :xmassign:
  • Swan_2
    Swan_2 Posts: 7,060 Forumite
    hope this is what you're looking for :)

10 digestives, crushed
    5 Tablespoons dessicated coconut or ground almonds
    1/2 Tablespoon cocoa powder (not drinking chocolate)
    small tin condensed milk
    2oz melted butter
    chocolate vermicelli for coating

mix dry ingredients (except vermicelli)

add milk, then butter, mix well

form into balls & roll in vermicelli
  • bigburd
    bigburd Posts: 117 Forumite
    Thanks Swan - you're a star.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Good morning :)

For those of you new to Old Style I'm posting links to the fudge thread and the hot chocolate thread (mentioned earlier) just below here, and, if you'd like more ideas on Christmas, a mix of threads about cards, presents, food, booze and all things Christmassy are collected at the top of the Old Style forum listing in a CHRISTMAS sticky.

:)

fudge
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=114060

chocolate
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=99878
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • rchddap1
    rchddap1 Posts: 5,926 Forumite
    Might make some myself on my time off just before Xmas. Might be nice to hand them round.
    Baby Year 1: Oh dear...on the move

Lily contracted Strep B Meningitis Dec 2006 :eek: Now seemingly a normal little monster. :beer:
    Love to my two angels that I will never forget.
  • This recipe came from my local newspaper many years ago and I have used it most Christmases since then,

4 trifle sponge fingers or 4oz left over cake
    2 oz plain or milk chocolate
    1 tsp jam (apricot is best)
    orange juice or spirit as required
    chocolate vermicelli or cocoa powder to finish

grate or liquidise cake and add to melted chocolate. Add jam and enough juice to make a fairly stiff paste. Roll into small balls and coat in vermicelli or cocoa .

My children loved to make a box of these each year for Grandma.
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm going to make Curry Queen's recipe this weekend. Have some Bailey's floating around the fridge that needs to be used. ;) Could anyone tell me if powdered sugar is icing sugar? Or do you just put some sugar in the FP and give it a whirl to make it finer? They sound lovely.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Nice free plug andy. Two posts with the same content, are you trying to advertise by chance?
  • One year we made truffles and replaced the double cream with clotted cream because that's all there was at the corner shop. They tasted absolutely delicious but did sit in the stomach like mini-cannonballs
    Still wish I could buy a TARDIS instead of a house!
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I made CQ's Bailey Yule Balls and they were so yummy. We covered ours with cocoa after a few experiments. I used normal chocolate as I couldnt find any semi-sweet and they were still nice. Included them with HM chocolate & caramel fudge for gifts. I made some nice little boxes (well DD did) out of recycled xmas cards from last year. Thanks for all the inspiration. :A
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure