🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!!

Options

Comments

• Radderz
    Radderz Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 15 December 2010 at 5:06PM
    Options
    what do you hope to accomplish with an email to them? look to the first post and then look at the date. these company have been going for ages.

the only reason these company have been going so long is because you are blaming the company.

THESE COMPANY EXIST AS A MIDDLE MAN SO THAT COMPANIES LIKE TALKTALK DON'T GET ANY BLAME.

if you actually want to do something about this, find out who they represent. Tell everyone that these company are funding the scams and to cancel any subscriptions.

Make it known even if its just a link to this page on your facebook.

If they are losing more sales than gaining through these companies. they will simply stop funding them.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek:
  • alwe150789
    Options
    Radderz wrote: »
    the only reason these company have been going so long is because you are blaming the company.

THESE COMPANY EXIST AS A MIDDLE MAN SO THAT COMPANIES LIKE TALKTALK DON'T GET ANY BLAME.

if you actually want to do something about this, find out who they represent. Tell everyone that these company are funding the scams and to cancel any subscriptions.

Make it known even if its just a link to this page on your facebook.

If they are losing more sales than gaining through these companies. they will simply stop funding them.:

The biggest problem with this m8, is that these companies represent EVERYBODY!

Cobra's companies represent British Gas and Sky, among others. PerDM represents TalkTalk, BT and a number of charities...

I'll be honest with you ... if these companies offered basic, and didnt pretend that you could be their manager in a few months, then i'm sure people would be happy to work for them. It's the lies and the "behind the scenes" !!!!!!!! that is upsetting everybody. With Kev O'Neil pretending he's loaded while still living in mummy and daddy's attic that is getting everybody's backs up.

There are obviously legitimate d2d sales companies, honest managers employing honest people trying to make a living.

It's the companies like perDM and Cobra that need to be reported by the media and open everybody's eyes !
  • Radderz
    edited 16 December 2010 at 12:21AM
    Options
    its the reason that people have that altitude that the companies that continue to use them are getting away with it.

allot of companies like sky are realizing its wrong and not using them. but talktalk continues. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

this is there latest add trying to get people to drop out of uni. i mean honestly if i actually dropped out of uni for this i would go and smash the guys face through the wall. he is ruining peoples lives for a few days of free work.

atleast he admits its a commission job tho!

"Have you started at Uni and tired of attending classes? Feel you are going nowhere while attending lectures? Start with us today and we will train you to start making money immediately.

Business Advertising Ltd is a successful marketing firm located in Liverpool City Centre. We have already expanded this year by opening a new office in Leicester and our goal now is to open 3 more locations within the next 6 months.

We have increased our client's market share and brand awareness through the ability to target new tiers of distribution and focus campaigns according to our new clients needs.

We are offering genuine opportunities to progress and our positions are stable and secure despite the countries financial state.

We have places available for an immediate start. Although customer service experience is a must we will provide full, hands-on informative workshops for the right people. We need individuals who are outgoing and comfortable meeting with customers and clients face to face.

The successful candidates accepted for this customer service opportunity will ideally possess the following attributes:
    * Leadership
    * Great Customer Service Skills
    * Ambition
    * Great Work Ethic

All applicants must be 18+ years of age, available for full time hours. All compensation is paid weekly and is based entirely on the individuals completed sales at the end of the financial week but you should be earning between £300 and £600 per week and beyond so candidates should be prepared to work hard to achieve their goals! You must be able to be interviewed within 48 hours.

If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please click 'Apply' attaching an up to date and including a covering letter.

Requirements we will provide individuals with excellent leadership, guidance, a competitive merit based compensation, and a challenging career path. This is an entry level position so college graduates or people looking to get their foot in the door are encouraged to apply.

A member of our hr team will review your CV, career goals and find out what makes you a good fit for the opening. Successful applicants may be invited back to shadow a leading customer service and sales representative for a full day to gain an understanding of the responsibilities involved. (You will not be authorized to participate in any sales or leads generated and therefore not entitled to compensation). You may also qualify for the final interview, where we will look to make a final decision. Adfinder code: Ref 28141116 Job Ref:"
  • alwe150789
    Options
    I'd be surprised if the companies that are being represented even know what is going on.

They probably think it's just a d2d company selling their product. I doubt that Jesse Young tells them his recruitment methods, or bores them with his "expansion policy".

To companies like TalkTalk, it's just another business partner selling their product.
  • Radderz
    edited 16 December 2010 at 1:19AM
    Options
    i emailed talktalk and they seemed to think there is nothing they can do about it.

even tho its them paying the money to business advertising Ltd for every customer they sign.

if they stop paying them the money then these companies wouldn't exist. so as far as im concerned i almost got scamed by talktalk.

some places might not know what is going on but talktalk 100% does.

find out who the companies represent and email them. if they fob you off send out bad publicity. if they have no idea recommend they stop doing business with these companies.

use the sales tactics they teach you to bring them down
  • maninthestreet
    Options
    This bit is the dead giveaway:

"I would recommend that you wear comfortable, flat work shoes and also make sure that you bring a coat with you as you may get the opportunity to meet some of our customers or Clients."

"You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • ffacoffipawb
    Options
    alwe150789 wrote: »
    Blu-Blu you're talking out your !!!!..

You will not get to management of any of the companies that anybody has listed. It's all a massive scam telling you that you'll have your own business and earn 100k within a year of becoming employed. What a load of bollacks.

If that was the case, do you not think everybody sound of mind would be doing it?

I'm not doubting that door-to-door sales can be legit, but the particular companies listed within this thread are all scams set up by lying scum, so good at what they do, and abusing the desperation of the unemployed.

Our favourite, Kevin O'Neill, for example, 100k a year? Ok, so he drives a Vauxhall Astra 1.4 and lives in a flat with his parents. Wow, so as a customer services advisor for a reputable company, i seem to be better off than him.

LOLOL .. http://www.freeindex.co.uk/profile(business-advertising-ltd)_221849.htm
  • smf1_2
    Options
    Lol.

"The firmbelief of business advertising is a unique relationship with many companies in such industries as telecommunications, cosmetics, financial institutions and major charities, including many FTSE 100 companies. The unique direct approach, allows the products appropriately to reach the general public and achieve results only possible with direct marketing."

What a tool. Firm belief should be two words also if Business Advertising is the company name he puts it in lower case here. These clowns can't even write a few short paragraphs.

Back in 09 I had an unpleasant experience with one of these companies based in Sheffield.

It was under the EA umbrella, R and S marketing. Now Zee solutions and South Yorkshire marketing do the same thing from the same office.

I was an unemployed graduate and desperate for work. Looking back Ryan Tracy (one of the managers) impulsed me very effectively in the interview. I asked questions relating to the ethics of door to door sales and was given spiel about how I was perfect for the charity division. How professional they are blah blah. I believe he has an office in Spain now. All I can say is the Spanish have 20% unemployment right now, ripe new market. Not to sell products but to recruit gullible people.

I worked there just over two weeks in the end. Alarm bells were ringing but I needed the money..

I quit when my Crew leader was giving an ob a speech about how no-one has been made redundant in their industry ( I pointed out its quite impossible for someone self employed to be made redundant). Then as he gave me an ear bashing about it round the corner I told him we were both wrong I was taking voluntary redundancy. I ate the chocolates from my Red Cross welcome packs as my severance package.

I contacted the Red Cross and told them about some of the methods employed by some of the people I had worked with (I saw a Crew leader sign up an obviously drunk pensioner as well as many other lies and general deceptions). Red Cross got back to me but to be honest did not seem to care.

I still see them in town sometimes, new faces but the same plastic smiles and cheap suits.

I found out recently my old Crew leader is still at it. Just in a different city. He told me he was there for nine months when I started so that is well over two years. I saw his name mentioned on Facebook relating to this issue.

These companies are sad and scary at the same time. Unfortunately they are an infestation. They are like weeds. It would take immense consumer pressure to stop all their clients using them.

Other than that only a change in employment legislation will send these slimeballs packing.
  • MikeK777
    Options
    There is also one in Norwich called Junior Enterprise Ltd be aware its a scam to get you to work for very little and very long hours, Oh and don't forget you will be a manager soon thats to keep you on the hook for a bit longer.

Don't be fooled by this people.
  • mrsdoherty09
    Options
    Thanks to everyone posting on this forum about these companies. We had a visit just before xmas from the door to door charity collectors for the red cross. When my hubby said no thankyou i have lost my job, the pushy guy said ooo give me you number we are recruiting! So hubby did :eek: ! They guy phoned him late bank hol monday (10pm) and told him he had arranged an interview for him in the morning ! So we set about doing some research...

So here we are ....
    couldnt find anything about the company apart from a "under construction" website and this forum!
    Oracle advertising are paramount force aswell and are linked to cobra so stay clear. Have found numerous forums discussing these companies.

Hubby had not even give his name :mad:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family