[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!!

Options

Comments

• MizzFunny
    Options
    Got called up yesterday by Martin Smith and offered an interview for tomorrow with Platinum Force, I didn't apply but they got my CV off totaljobs.com . Apparently they are opening a new office in Swansea, where I am. And there is a lot of opportunities for someone like me to grow in their company - they have clients in 27 countries (including New Zealand which is my home) - funny they pointed that out. I was congratulated, made out that I was very lucky to have this opportunity. And I would be meeting the managing director of the whole company.

Email I got this morning:

Hi Claire,

Further to our telephone conversation, please accept this email as confirmation of your interview with us at:

9.00am Wednesday 6th October 2010

As advised on the call we are holding our interviews at:

The Dragon Hotel
    39 The Kingsway
    Swansea

SA1 5LS

For Directions follow this Link the Hotels Website: ***

If you could reply to this email to let me know you have received it would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations again on getting this far and I look forward to meeting you soon.

Laura O’Sullivan
    Recruitment/Office Manager
    Platinum Force Ltd

[FONT=&quot]'[/FONT] 0151 702 7741 **** or 7740 ****

*** links were added to platinum force and also a google search of platinum force ***

This message is intended for the use of the addresseeonly and may contain confidential or privileged information. If youhave received it in error please notify the sender and destroy it. You may not use it or copy it to anyone else.

E-mail is not a secure communications medium. Please be aware of this when replying.

Although Platinum Force Ltd has taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free, we can take no responsibility if a virus is actually present and you are advised to ensure that the appropriate checks are made.

Any personal views expressed in this e-mail are not the opinions of Platinum Force Ltd and associated companies unless otherwise stated.

I replied:

Dear Richard/Laura,

I have done some research into your company to better prepare myself for the interview on Wednesday. As a direct result, I am no longer interested in the position. My CV clearly states I have a Masters in Engineering - I feel "human commercial" sales and marketing methods are an inappropriate direction for my career to be taking. I suggest you choose your potential employees more carefully so as not to waste educated people's time.

Regards,

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Obviously I mean waste everyone's time, but I felt that I could only attack from my personal experience, which was that they were wasting my time with a job that I am totally overqualified for. The peoples names to note are Richard Eason, Martin Smith, and Laura O'Sullivan.

Thanks to everyone on this forum, saved me getting my hopes up and wasting my time from going into an interview with these idiots - I wouldn't have taken the job as I'm only interested in technical sales and marketing within the engineering industry and it would have become clear this was not. But still - great stuff that this forum is out there for others to read and get to know the truth behind all the fancy words they throw at you and the "you're so lucky" and "this is an amazing opportunity" bulls*** they spin. Hope no one else gets done!
  • glide85
    Options
    triangle88 wrote: »
    I had an interview with Josh Cote from EA Worldwide Acquisitions, and it's exactly the same story.. I dont understand how websites like reed, totaljobs, monster.. have so many ads about them saying the salary is negotiable when it's 100% commission, being self-employed. It's misleading and a lie. They all should be banned from every website where they're advertised.
    I've had some information befire about these companies but wanted to check myself. I asked the admin Courtney, the one that is on the ads of these job websites, if it was commission and she didnt even know what to say... They cant even employ qualified administrators to do their recruitment... It's embarrassing...

ahhh im so glad u guys made this forum.......i too have been applying for loads of jobs on reed. i too spoke to courntey at admin.....australian girl i think.....they offered me an interview but i could see something dodgy...i searched websites and found nothing i didnt end up going to the interview in the end coz their website looks suspicious anyways..........
    i learnt before because 2 5 years ago i applied for a job similar..they have a posh office and they all seem lovely.....then i followed some lady doing door to door sales and in shops in some town i had no clue where i was ....i left the lady in the shop and ran to the station hahahahahahhaha it was weird and scary
  • jonboy69
    jonboy69 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like they have changed the name again back to Business Advertising Ltd.

If Kevin O'neill has nothing to hide....... why change names so often?

Kevin O'neill.

Business advertising Ltd
    Cotton Exchange building
    Bixteth Street
    Liverpool
    L3 9LQ
  • thejsmith01
    Options
    I was offered an interview with Arcadia, which the job description said, thinking it was the group behind Topshop etc. So thought it was worth checking out, becuase I had studied retail in University. After researching on the internet, I found the actual name was Arcedia direct later on and had the interview the next day, even though I was offered it, an hour after my cv was posted on reed, which was very odd but decided to go as I had a week off work. I arrived, at the interview and the man on security said how many people had arrived for interviews, which made me think something was going on. So arrvied and seen that it was Arcedia direct on the papers, after noticing this with rubbish music blaring and some women talking really loud. They started interviewing people in pairs, by some chavy looking bloke. During, the interview he went on about the fast promotions, and 3 years in training in 6 months, which at that point I thought was a load of rubbish and put me right off the job. At the end of interview, was offered a second one without agreeing and then left. After, not even thinking about attending the second interview I looked on the internet to confirm my thoughts found all the comments basicly saying the same things that I had encountered.
  • lulaloops
    Options
    My girlfriend has had an interview for a company called Midland consulting centre, they said it was commission based, sales and marketing, with 8-10 month progression upto management, shes just had a phone call to go back tomorrow for an assessment day 12-8:30, this sounds very similar to a job i went for a few months ago for AnB promotions and bradford marketing both were part of the Cobra Group and were door to door selling, i would hate for her to get trapped into something i nearly did, ive done a bit of research and found that they could be associated with the cobra group, but was wondering if anyone knew exactly?
  • jemmakay_2
    Options
    Business Advertising Ltd Suite 628 Horton House Exchange Flags Liverpool L2 3PF 0151 244 5598 Ths is the new company, I knew it was too good to be true, 10 months manager...11 hour days..No thanks! What a waste of parking money! I knew there was something immidiatly wrong as I was greeted by Danielle, the way she was joking about on the phone, and I entered the TINY interview greeted by a manager who was aout the same age as me! Interview lasted 5 minutes why he doodled away on my cv :s
  • creilly_2
    Options
    Signed up just to say thanks for this - had an interview with them in Liverpool tomorrow ( [FONT=&quot]Business Advertising Ltd) after a phonecall from their "HR Manager" Danielle. Done myself a favour and cancelled after reading this stuff.

FYI she said on the phone that they would be looking to place me in a osition working as a marketing executive for the Carphone Warehouse.
    [/FONT]
  • eltonator
    Options
    whatever09 wrote: »
    This post is a bit long but useful!
    EA Worldwide Acquisitions, Live Marketing Direct, JPK Advertising, CO&CO Marketing, Galaxy Marketing, Aspire, Source Marketing Direct...

All these companies have their own pitch for the interviews, like they do when they knock on doors. I know someone who worked there for a while and this is what they say during the first part of the interview to make sure you stay:

The walk to the station is a critical part set up, if done correctly you will stay in control, answer any questions and pre empt issues that may occur through the day (this way we will bring the interviews back to the office)

What we do - “Today im going to show you the entry level position of our direct sales and marketing company. This is not glamorous but it is the basics that people must understand before they can progress in our company. We are doing a community awareness program.
    It is our job to speak to as many people as possible and if they are excited we will sign them up to donate. Simple right?”

Where we go - “The program will be out in [area] and we will be travelling out, so do you have a travel card?”

The day - “I have a structure for the day, this is to ensure that I explain the company correctly to you. First, while we get there, i will give you a background of the company why we are growing so fast and go into more detail about today. When we arrive I will be working with customers and we will talk about types of marketing. We will take a break for lunch around 4 pm when I will explain the company’s training program, the promotions and how the pay works (we DO NOT talk about salary). So if you have any questions, write it all down. I expect you to ask me lots of questions.
    If you have what we are looking for, I will prepare you for a questionnaire which will be based on what you see today. Based on that and from what I see of you today, it will be decided if you get into the third round interview with my manager or not. I cannot guarantee you will get in but I can definitely deny you one based on what I see today.
    We DO NOT tell them what we do before we take the train or they will leave, we want them to stay.
    What we are looking for:
    • Positive attitude,
    • Quality and quantity of questions
    • Student mentality, we need people that take lots of notes and can learn net things.

Team: its really important we work as a team today. It’s my job to separate you from the rest of the people that were in the lobby (we become their friend and make them fight).

Pre-empt : Do you smoke? I know you wouldn’t do this but in the past I had people light up a cigarette while I was working with customers. Obviously I had to terminate the interview there due to lack of professionalism. Im going to put my phone in silence, are you expecting any important calls today? Great if you could do the same, again im sure this wont happen today but in the past I had peoples phones ring while working with customers which didnt look very professional. And do you have any hot dates tonight? No great! me either, we will need you till around 9 tonight but the advantage of that is we will let u know tonight if you get the position. (So they won’t complain about being back to the office late)

Anyway, we are going to have a great day today! (make them relax)

That is exactly what the guy said to me! Almost word-for-word!
  • GalerianZero
    Options
    First of all let me say, I am so glad that this thread exists!

I got a call about an hour ago from someone called 'Jodie' from Platinum Force, saying she had looked over my CV and decided I would be great for a customer service position in their company. I'm supposed to go for an interview on Bold Street, Liverpool above Oxfam tomorrow. Luckily this company has been covered before, and even the offices have been pinpointed as the from where they operate so I can be extra sure.

I've not looked through the entire thread, but I read the interview technique and it sounded exactly the same as a job I went for a month or so back, from a company called Approach Direct, on Dale Street, again in Liverpool. I decided not to go to the second interview stage as even then I thought something was a bit dodgy.

Thank you all for warning people about these companies.:T
  • alwe150789
    Options
    Also, if anyone can point out some of things they were marketing door to door that would help as I am going to speak to those companies and she if they are aware of what is happening to hapless job hunters. I know Red Cross is one charity and someone also mentioned the communication company Talk Talk.

Cheers

Talk Talk, Red Cross, Sky is a big one for Cobra.

I also did a little time with a dog and cat charity...but i cant remember who. Sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure