[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] Marketing Company - YOU WILL NOT BE A MANAGER ONE DAY!!!

Options

Comments

• leah123_2
    Options
    Just like to bring it to the attention of Scottish users Smiths Marketing Associates in Glasgow & Edinburgh are also in on the same scam.

After leaving my last job, I applied to their no experience needed marketing ad on totaljobs.com and was delighted when I got a call asking me to attend an interview in Edinburgh (they emailed directions and a map) the next day.

That night I googled the company and scam was suggested by google and I heard similar stories about the company like the ones posted on this forum, needless to say I never attended the interview and kept my train money for another interview.

On a different note I got an email from West Financial Advisors Services in New York !! advertising for UK workers and they had a variety of positions including data entry and customer correspondance. On recognising that this had to be a similar scam, I asked for details of the company and was sent an "Application Form" which consisted of asking for ALL personal details including Age, Full Name, Occupation, Telephone Number, National Insurance number and just for good measure your bank account LOL!!!!.

Needless to say my account with totaljobs.com is now closed and I am amazed these people are permitted to advertise here and would imagine they would need to pay a advertisement fee and this is probably the only reason totaljobs and the like allow it because lets face it if they advertise vacancies all the time (the internet is littered with similar ad's), they are bound to be making a steady income from this and therefore not only the dodgy company profits from the unemployed but it appears so does the recruitment site - DISGUSTING!!.
  • Wake_up_call
    Options
    alwe150789 wrote: »
    Talk Talk, Red Cross, Sky is a big one for Cobra.

I also did a little time with a dog and cat charity...but i cant remember who. Sorry

Thanks for that.
  • alwe150789
    Options
    Thanks for that.

PDSA ... that was the charity.

Selling subscriptions.

We had a little poster of like 5 dogs and cats and asked them which one they wanted to sponsor.

=) good ol' memory =)
  • bridgmans
    Options
    Hello, I have been invited to a second interview with JMS Marketing in Newcastle Upon Tyne. After researching the company I found my way to this website, I couldnt find anywhere that said JMS Marketing so I wonder if this is the same scam. It seems they are putting me through the same process that most of you seem to have gone through.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone heard if JMS Marketing is a scam (this is the newcastle office). Does anyone have experience of this office?

2. Also wondering if anyone has any experience working there?

This is quite urgent because I have been asked to go back tomorrow!
  • alwe150789
    Options
    bridgmans wrote: »
    Hello, I have been invited to a second interview with JMS Marketing in Newcastle Upon Tyne. After researching the company I found my way to this website, I couldnt find anywhere that said JMS Marketing so I wonder if this is the same scam. It seems they are putting me through the same process that most of you seem to have gone through.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone heard if JMS Marketing is a scam (this is the newcastle office). Does anyone have experience of this office?

2. Also wondering if anyone has any experience working there?

This is quite urgent because I have been asked to go back tomorrow!

Couple of questions for you buddy.

Have you been told that you could have your own company within a year...or less?

Is your manager/boss around 20yo?

Have they told you the best way to advertise products is face-to-face (i.e. door to door)?

I know that there are legit companies that do door-to-door selling, but the fact that you are already worried, maybe you should go with your instincts? Obviously i have no idea what kind of situation you are in, but desperate or not, you will come out of one of these scam companies worse off than when you went in.

Oh, and how long has your CV been up? Usually quite a good indication is if they called you within a day/week.

Hope this helps,
    Al
  • boom_boom_3
    Options
    Ive work for this company, i got out after 4 days. I was out of work for a bit, so I gave it a chance. It reminded me of a cult. I still see them coming out of the office. They are all hardworking kids getting taken advantage of. Mainly due to the lack of opportunities currently in the job market.
  • Danny_since1985
    Options
    Anyone living in Manchester stay away from these companies if you are looking for a job-

Maximum Dynamic - the one i was reeled in by
    Maximum Dynamic Ltd
    Michelle House,
    16 Chorlton Street,
    Manchester, M1 3HW
    PHONE: 0161 2281312

Oracle advertising -
    of same address as maximum dynamic

TC world

3D organisation
    3D Organisation Ltd, 41-45 Great Ancoats Street, Manchester M4 5AB , Tel:- 0161 245 1192 ,Fax:- 0161 236 6391

All dodgy door to door sales companies operating in Manchester city centre selling products such as energy, sky, charities. will all scam you out of money etc you will be walking round the streets while your team leader tells you how much the company earns which the leader will tell you is in excess of 100,000 a year and how he himself earns 40k a year and how much do you earn..... well we all know about that. I must say that i did get one sale while i was out on my own having minimal training and not really knowing what was going on and i did get paid for it from the company, though £37 for that week wasn't enough to pay my bills rent etc. So i decided to give up the chance of being a manager/director or owner of my own marketing company within 12 months of working with that company.
    if you come across these companies stay away unless you like walking round places you've never been before knocking on peoples doors in the middle of nowhere not knowing who or what lives at that house, on my training day i was with my leader walking round a street where half the houses were boarded up and dogs barking in every front garden cars lying smashed up and burnt out on the rod, as a working environment it wasn't the most pleasant, and iv worked at lidl. anyway i could rant on as much as anyone else who has been taken in by these companies but i cant be bothered the names are at the top of the post so you know who to avoid.
    take care everyone
  • Radderz
    Radderz Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 8 December 2010 at 6:18PM
    Options
    i was asked to go for an interview tomorrow in liverpool and after researching the company found all this.. in no way did they make it out to be a door to door sales job. and when i rang back to make sure it wasn't a crappy commission job. i got suspicions when no one answered any of there numbers.

i decided to ring talk talk and ask them if they new what was going on. They pretty much fobbed me off.
    if you want my opinion its not just business advertising we should be mad with but the company they are working for. If anyone is with talktalk cancel your service and tell everyone you know to cancel there service.

they don't care if you quit. they just find more people to scam. you need to hit them wear it hurts and stop them from getting money from the people that give them the money.

i think talktalk knows it could leed to bad policity for them and thats why they have a contract with these dodgey bussinesses rather than imploying the people themselves.

talktalk knows about this company and yet still continues to give them money???
    so its basically its talk talk scaming you but through another name.
  • Radderz
    Options
    i am totaly shocked that this scam has been going on for so long and they are still being allowed to do it.
  • blu-blu
    Options
    ok, i am a door to door sales person who actually does it for a living, because its what im good at, ok yh fair enought loads of people are getting hurt by these ppl leading them in but its got nothing to do with talk talk or any of the companies they represent because the company its self are ripping you off by pulling u in to fault hopes, people need to relise if you work hard you can actually get to managment in these companies you just realy need to give it your all and its commision any because im a manager for a tatol diffrent firm i know people just sit on the kirb and expect a basic well companies cant earn money if there employers aint earnin money, its like working in a shop and not serving anyone. you all need to grow a pair.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure