PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

To those selling in these difficult times

Options

Comments

• pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tricky one, I wouldnt want to lose them, if its the first offer you have had in that long. Why not accept the offer, and keep it on the market, at least untill they book their survey (in if they are having one) or untill your EA has clarified the chain and confirmed finance is in place, this will give you a few days grace. Although your house is on for offers over now, I dont think many people will offer over, they just ignore that bit, in this market I am afraid.
    As for completion dates, you could well complete before then, but why not ask if they would be willing to work to that time frame, alternatively most mortgage lenders will pay back the redemption fee if you take another mortgage with them within 3/6/12 mths.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Charliestwins
    Options
    pawpurrs wrote: »
    Tricky one, I wouldnt want to lose them, if its the first offer you have had in that long. Why not accept the offer, and keep it on the market, at least untill they book their survey (in if they are having one) or untill your EA has clarified the chain and confirmed finance is in place, this will give you a few days grace. Although your house is on for offers over now, I dont think many people will offer over, they just ignore that bit, in this market I am afraid.
    As for completion dates, you could well complete before then, but why not ask if they would be willing to work to that time frame, alternatively most mortgage lenders will pay back the redemption fee if you take another mortgage with them within 3/6/12 mths.

I didnt know that about getting redemption back if went back to them, i will look in to it :)

Another update ...

Told ea that i cant except the offer in that time frame as need to consult FA first but we are seriously considering the offer and by no means disregarding it. In the next breath the ea turned round and said ok can i do another viewing at 12:15pm today :rotfl:10min later had another call asking for another to be booked in for sat so now have 7 viewings over today / fri and sat :eek:

I cant wait till i can leave a cup in the bowl without worrying about an impending viewing or being able to plan a weekend out with the kids again ......

x
    Mad mum to 4, boy 17, boy 10, boy 10 and girl 7 :D
    My Children are my life, every moment is a memory in the making.:j
  • Charliestwins
    Charliestwins Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    The couple how came at 12:15pm today made an offer after the viewing while they were still standing on the drive :D:D......

125k !!!! just the figure we were looking for :j:j:j

Im being hammered with the other ea's trying to get viewings in because i have this offer and Ive been advised to except the offer but to say i will continue to market the house till survey is booked - is this normal ? the ea with the offer isnt happy about this tho - more confussed now ....

x
    Mad mum to 4, boy 17, boy 10, boy 10 and girl 7 :D
    My Children are my life, every moment is a memory in the making.:j
  • 4Chickens
    4Chickens Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Charliestwins. Fingers crossed and everything. I agree, keep marketing until survey/valuation is done.

Well I am off for a 4 day weekend now. I will do loads of cleaning and some minor repairs ready for moving day next Friday.

I hope the rest of you get some viewings/offers this bank holiday.
    I shall be checking on all your progress when I get back into the office on Tuesday.

Have a good weekend
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Wow, its been all go for you the last couple of days, after all that time on the market, incrediable.
    Well, thats a blinkn good offer, I would accept, you dont want to lose these buyers, by keeping them holding on, do they need a mortgage and if so what sort of deposit do they have, are they in a chain?
    As the others are cash buyers, I think you need to have all that infomation to hand, before making a decision, price isnt the only factor, so many people at the moment are strugling to get mortgage finance.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 May 2009 at 3:26PM
    Options
    What a busy few days you've got CT. I think your offer sounds good but don't blame you for holding out for more.

Fingers crossed your friend comes good PP, we're in the same position. Our "friend" isn't on the market so is a long way off from being procedable.

Our viewer today said the small step down into each of the bedrooms might be a problem as she has a disabled sister and she thought the small step might cause her to trip. The steps goind upto the front door and the steps to the garden weren't mentioned though. :rolleyes: When she left she said she might come with her husband next week but I won't hold my breath.
  • jstallan
    jstallan Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    The couple how came at 12:15pm today made an offer after the viewing while they were still standing on the drive :D:D......

125k !!!! just the figure we were looking for :j:j:j

Im being hammered with the other ea's trying to get viewings in because i have this offer and Ive been advised to except the offer but to say i will continue to market the house till survey is booked - is this normal ? the ea with the offer isnt happy about this tho - more confussed now ....

x

Well done!!!! Smart move with regard to leaving it on the market till the Survey is booked - I wish we'd done that with our first offer :rolleyes:
  • oneeye1
    oneeye1 Posts: 231 Forumite
    Options
    Finished cleaning as much as I can tonight in preparation for the viewing tomorrow morning.

I'm feeling cheesed off with EA though as he's trying to pull the wool over my eyes. I told him I didn't like the Title on Rightmove which is name of road and then local town. Our house isn't in the town it's in a sought after village near it so wanted the village name in the title. The EA told me they can't change the Title it is decided by Rightmove, it is automatically entered by the software according to postcode. I was sceptical so thought I'd check and obviously it is rubbish. I've found one that has a Title of "Desireable West Village Location" now does that sound automatically generated to you? I feel like calling him all the names under the sun but obviously we are supposed to be working together to sell this house. :mad:
    hope he dont WASTE too much of your time by sending tyre kickers round
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    oneeye1 wrote: »
    hope he dont WASTE too much of your time by sending tyre kickers round
    He won't be sending any tyre kickers round because we've agreed a sale price with my first viewer. Funnily enough her house isn't even on the market and she wasn't intending to move until she found out our house was going on the market. The best bit is she's a cash buyer :j. She's happy to wait until we find a house we like as she wouldn't be moving if we decided not to sell. She only wants our house, she's obviously got great taste. :D
  • moneysavingfamilycomp
    Options
    ok update from us. nothing exciting but never mind. we went into both EA today to find out what they were doing check how many times theyd sent out details etc. ( thought it might give them a kick up the you know what) anyway the feedback from people who have got details seems to be like the house but not procedeable yet or things like will drive by. at least we know the details are being sent out and followed up. EA1 rang at 5.20 to say they had an investment buyer wanting to view but he was notorious for offering really low so did we want to do the viewing. i told her to tell him the least we could accept was 80k and find out if he still wanted to view we havent heard back lol. cant see him wanting to pay that i think he is looking for people who have been on the market a while thinking they will accept a very low offer. and EA2 havent heard back feedback from last weeks viewing despite leaving messages so pretty sure thats a no go.
    :coffee:i find a cup of tea can solve most problems:coffee:
    :dance: but alcohol solves them all :dance:
    basic emergency fund 387.87/500
    £1000 emergency fund #290
    mortgage 91,719= 21y 0mnth :eek:
    6 mnths exp 0/6633
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing