PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

To those selling in these difficult times

Options

Comments

• Beki
    Beki Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    oh my goodness pawpurrs!!! i'm so sorry for you! :( xx
  • ourrac
    ourrac Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm sorry Pawpurrs, you so deserve some good luck
  • scw1
    scw1 Posts: 392 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to hear that PP.

No news here either, next Tuesday now!
  • kymie
    kymie Posts: 439 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Pawpurrs :grouphug:
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They still want it (apparently) but it will tale a while to get the money together, so cant procced at the moment.
    Nightmare! Thanks Guys :grouphug:
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • sunshine_shell
    Options
    So sorry to hear that pawpurrs!!

we put an offer in on a house today which was overpriced and has a wee bit of damp and got turned down. i did point out that if we offered more and it was accepted that the survey would point it out and we would reduce the price for the work needed. Still a 'No' though! :(
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    pawpurrs wrote: »
    They still want it (apparently) but it will tale a while to get the money together, so cant procced at the moment.
    Nightmare! Thanks Guys :grouphug:

Doh.......People!!

I know many have money in fixed rate accounts with long notice periods, but if they are serious about house hunting, they shouldn't. Some properties have just flown in recent weeks, and while that isn't the norm, it applies if a property is priced very keenly. Some vendors just won't hang about.

Something like Investec High 5 will give you a 'good' rate by today's standards, but it needs 90 days notice. Is it really worth the extra one point-whatever % if, in achieving it, you lose your ideal property?

Let's hope the agents get their finger out now & find someone else, better-placed and motivated.
  • queenieplum
    queenieplum Posts: 91 Forumite
    Options
    pawpurrs wrote: »
    Back to Square one here! As buyer no longer procedable at present:mad:
    Nothing ever goes right here! Will I ever sell?

Sorry to hear that pawpurrs - it really is a buyers market isn't it. Hope next time it works out.
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Davesnave wrote: »
    Doh.......People!!

I know many have money in fixed rate accounts with long notice periods, but if they are serious about house hunting, they shouldn't. Some properties have just flown in recent weeks, and while that isn't the norm, it applies if a property is priced very keenly. Some vendors just won't hang about.

Something like Investec High 5 will give you a 'good' rate by today's standards, but it needs 90 days notice. Is it really worth the extra one point-whatever % if, in achieving it, you lose your ideal property?

Let's hope the agents get their finger out now & find someone else, better-placed and motivated.

Unfortunetly its not that straight forward ;)
    Sigh........
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • 4Chickens
    4Chickens Posts: 505 Forumite
    Options
    Oh Pawpurrs, I am so sorry and we were all so excited for you. Just keep plugging away.

Well an update from me. We are exchanging contracts this afternoon:o. Our vendors are moving out today/tomorrow. I have told Virgin Media to bug ger off (strangley though, this is the only time I have phoned Virgin Media and spoken to an English dude:rolleyes:). I have arranged new house insurance and hired moving vans. I am going to have a big drink tonight to celebrate (no that I usually need an excuse mind):D.

I AM NEVER EVER EVER SELLING/BUYING A HOUSE AGAIN:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family