PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

To those selling in these difficult times

Options

Comments

• Charliestwins
    Options
    Oh Pawpurrs im so sorry to read this i hope you find another buyer very soon (((Hugs)))

On a more positive note *****Ive had an offer !!!:j:j:j:j*****

House is on for offers over 119,950 and they have offered 118k ideally we would of like closer to the 125k mark as thats what ive based our figures on and we paid 117k in dec 03. Ive asked the ea to see if he can get a bit more out of them but otherwise i think we may except.

Not only that but this couple werent the ones who said they were considering an offer yesterday so i may still get another offer too :T .... and lol ive just rang the ea who the second lady is with to let them know and they said they have another btl man who is really keen but only offers on house if we could complete in 28 days so we may look as this too and start looking into rented - any one got any advise about this as i have never rented before .

Good luck to everyone Charlotte
    Mad mum to 4, boy 17, boy 10, boy 10 and girl 7 :D
    My Children are my life, every moment is a memory in the making.:j
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :j Gosh, its all go for you Charlotte. Take a deep breath, and ask all the agents that have people considering it to ask if people want to make an offer, then if there are several people that want it, get them to check the chain and finance before making your decision.
    After all that time on the market and then they all come at once!
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • Senora
    Senora Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a terrible shame pawpurrs, do hope that things look up for you soon,
    the stress is awful. x
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ..... any one got any advise about this as i have never rented before .

Good luck to everyone Charlotte

Renting should be a doddle with all the properties about now. We had never rented before, have two cats & two ferrets plus more 'stuff' than is good for us, yet we sorted somewhere to live in 24 hours....and we're still here.

It helped that our agent was on good terms with the renting agent and could guarantee that we wouldn't trash the place. We had some other character refs too, and 6 months rent up front was no doubt a point in our favour (but it should also get you a reduction on the rent too, so everyone wins.)

Look at the renting sticky on this site to get all the tips about your rights, contracts, deposits etc.
  • karen310
    karen310 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    Well ,after 11 months on the market and only 2 uesless veiwings , I have instructed EA to take it off their books. I have 2 others comin out to value on Sat morning and am going to reduce it and get it back on the market , I have been in limbo for long enough ! So my bank hol is planned out for me , getting everywhere ready for photos etc next week.
    Here we go again ................
  • shirlgirl2004
    shirlgirl2004 Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck for next week Karen and hope your other interested party comes forward PP.

Well we made it onto Rightmove last night and had 2 calls from EA with people wanting to view. One wanted to view today which couldn't be done but the other is coming tomorrow morning. A busy night for me then!
  • pawpurrs
    pawpurrs Posts: 3,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good Luck Shirl.
    Good Luck Karen with the new agents.
    Pawpurrs x ;)
  • moneysavingfamilycomp
    Options
    sorry to hear that pawpurrs but at least they still want the house so if no one else comes forward in the meen time you have something to fall back on. we still havent heard anything from last weeks viewing but me and OH have to go into town tommorow so may call into both EA to see whats going on they may get there finger out if OH comes in with me.
    :coffee:i find a cup of tea can solve most problems:coffee:
    :dance: but alcohol solves them all :dance:
    basic emergency fund 387.87/500
    £1000 emergency fund #290
    mortgage 91,719= 21y 0mnth :eek:
    6 mnths exp 0/6633
  • ShelleyC_2
    ShelleyC_2 Posts: 1,500 Forumite
    Options
    Gutted for you Pawpurrs hope the situation gets sorted or a keen new cash buyer appears.
    Looking for the perfect home and saving to make becoming a MFW easier
    MFiT3 48103/50000 Saved So Far :j
  • calmspirit
    calmspirit Posts: 2,962 Forumite
    Options
    oh pawpurrs I am so sorry to hear your news, you must be so frustrated by this.....but , as others have said, there is hope... I hope the complications are sorted out soon .

sorry I have nothing useful to say, just sending hugs xxx
    YNWA JFT96 :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills