Sky subscription "credit crunch" offer

Options

Comments

• disney_cjd
    Options
    maybe i should have asked for the free unlimited calls as well :)
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• hutch610
    Options
    I phoned them this morning. Didn't bother with the packages as we're happy enough with them. 1 year free line rental, 1 year free calls, reduced broadband from £10 a month to £15 a month. I reckon we've just saved around £25 to £30 a month. Well pleased with that. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

do you mean £5 a month as yours has gone up if not
    :female:
  • disney_cjd
    Options
    disney_cjd wrote: »
    maybe i should have asked for the free unlimited calls as well :)

actually thinking about this I think a fiver is worth it really. Freetime has a connection charge of 7p a call. If you make 3 calls a day even without call charges over a month (0.07x3x5x4) works out at £4.20 plus call charges etc.... its a good deal.

Unless of course you do all that bypass stuff etc.
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• dentedporsche
    Options
    hutch610 wrote: »
    do you mean £5 a month as yours has gone up if not

Yep. Sloppy accounting is what I call it. :confused:
    I did actually mean £5 a month for the broadband, saving the £15 a month on the line rental and phone. We were originally paying BT £25 to £30 a month so that will go soon.:beer:
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had problems when I signed up last week with channels not switched on, when I was on they offered a full upgrade of channels for £1.50 less than what I'm paying for the next three months
  • hutch610
    Options
    Yep. Sloppy accounting is what I call it. :confused:
    I did actually mean £5 a month for the broadband, saving the £15 a month on the line rental and phone. We were originally paying BT £25 to £30 a month so that will go soon.:beer:

Havent phoned or anything but i'm definately saving compared to paying BT. About £20 month. Was paying £40 to BT for BB and Line rental and had caller display which they started charging £1 for. Already had Sky + and sports and sky talk free eening and weekend calls. Then added movies BB and line rental so overall still saved and had extra service in movies.
    :female:
  • dawnie1972
    dawnie1972 Posts: 2,428 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Barny1979 which number did you call please as i would like to complain - had sky installed friday night - 12-6 slot - engineer turned up at 7.45pm - i had to stand outside in the rain and hold the torch for him, channels didn't work property until saturday afternoon.
    A home is not a home ..... without a dog :heart:
  • wolvesinwales
    Options
    I had an offer in the post yesterday for half price movies for the next three months , it went in the bin.
    WHOOOOSHHHHHHHHH……..
    Blimey what was that ?
    That was your life mate
    Oh I wasn’t quite ready can I have another go ?
    Sorry mate only one per person.
  • Am I right in thinking you can't use over-ride providers if your line rental is through Sky? I'm tempted to switch to them if I can blag a years free line rental, but I'd like to be able to still use 18185 for calling mobiles.
  • beaker141
    Options
    dawnie1972 wrote: »
    Barny1979 which number did you call please as i would like to complain - had sky installed friday night - 12-6 slot - engineer turned up at 7.45pm - i had to stand outside in the rain and hold the torch for him, channels didn't work property until saturday afternoon.

Consider yourself lucky - the first guy who turned up to do mine, arrived late in the dark, took one look at the job and said, "Cant do it in the dark, you'll have to rebook !".

Had to wait another 2 weeks then for another install appointment.

A year or so later when I was working at roof height noticed it was coming loose from the wall, muppet installer had used massive rawlbolts but put them in very crumbly old mortar rather than brick - idiot.

I have since paid for a proper independant to reinstall on the chimney and put quad lnb on for sky plus and freesat - wouldnt let them near it again !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure