🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

1899 increasing charges to cable customers (merged)

Options

Comments

• parsnips
    Options
    i am a telewest user, i know 1899 is now half a pee per min to uk fixed lines, but how much is 18866 to a fixed land line per min?

thanks
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    1p/min for non-BT users.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • utilitybroker
    Options
    parsnips wrote:
    i am a telewest user, i know 1899 is now half a pee per min to uk fixed lines, but how much is 18866 to a fixed land line per min?

thanks

If you can use the 18866 access code its zero pea a min.EG: BT line rental customer.

If you use the Cable or Mobile 0808/020 access codes its 1p a min.

In both cases a connection charge of 3p applies.
  • fbrj
    fbrj Posts: 376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    parsnips wrote:

thanks

Have you tried looking at the 18866 website for a cable user??

In case you have difficulty in finding the website through google it is:

https://www.18866.com
  • MumofThree
    Options
    Hi all, just had my first 0.5p per min voice and immediately came to the site. Thanks to Heinz for pointing me in the right direction. I've been with Call 1899 for 3 months now and my average spend is about £9 some of it mobiles, so I guess I've now got the task of working out how much more I'll be paying! However, looking through the posts it seems that it will still be the cheapest. Just feel peeved that it's us non-BT customers that are having to pay.

For the record in 3 months of use I have only occasionally had to redial the access number because it doesn't seem to go through. I've never had an engaged signal.
    CHAPS requested 10 Oct, left KE 15 Oct, finally arrived 18.00, 4th Nov :D
  • Shaanbles
    Options
    After a lot of research - on this site - I decided to go with 1899 10 days ago and bought an orchid dialler (a tenner down the drain?). So I had 10 days of 0p a min (yes another NTL customer).

Really like this site and the sound advice - but not very impressed with 1899!!! :mad:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Shaanbles wrote:
    After a lot of research - on this site - I decided to go with 1899 10 days ago and bought an orchid dialler (a tenner down the drain?). So I had 10 days of 0p a min (yes another NTL customer).

Really like this site and the sound advice - but not very impressed with 1899!!! :mad:

Tell me though, how much would a call through NTL be?

icon7.gif
  • Shaanbles
    Options
    Tell me though, how much would a call through NTL be?

icon7.gif

Evening and local calls wouldn't be much more and I wouldn't have had to buy a dialler. Could have gone with Onetel
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Nothing to stop you going with Onetel for evening and w/end calls with 1899 for daytime calls, do remember that NTL will charge 5p connection charge compared to 1899 of 3p and using your Orchid Dialler to route your calls.

Details can be found in this thread

icon7.gif
  • robd831
    robd831 Posts: 302 Forumite
    Options
    I am a ntl customer, and I have also found the price rise today. However I saw a NTL advert for new customers for £10-50 line rental and free calls after 6pm to 01 & 02 numbers, so i rang them up and asked if I agreed to another 12mth contract could I also have the free calls. I got told as I already had a discount for broadband £10/mth 1meg I could only have it for 3mths (but ring back in 3mths and get it put back on said the lovely Welsh lass) which I intend to do.....So free calls after 6p & all weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport