🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

1899 increasing charges to cable customers (merged)

Options

Comments

• Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    BTW... just to clarify I don't mind paying the 1/2 a min (if I have to) but at least I should be able to get through at the first attempt.......arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • echo
    echo Posts: 1,728 Forumite
    Options
    started using them all the time when 18666 put their prices up.i'm on ntl btw.the last few weeks trying to get thru using the service on a sunday afto has been murder.last week i tried 4 3 hrs 2 get thru 2 my daughter on her moby.it was busy all last sunday.one nite ( ok it was latish) this week i got nowt when i dialed the 0878 2 make a call.was ok in the morning.have bin able 2 get thru ONCE all day 2day so the service is obviously oversubscribed.registered with 18185 this week after reading abt them in here.get the engaged tone all the time with that and 18866.i've plugged me onetel box in and i'm using that 2 make calls.don't no 4 how long tho cos i've had so many problems with them.....
  • Spikey_2
    Spikey_2 Posts: 14,119 Forumite
    Options
    so who is the cheapest now that 1899 has hiked the price up? 1899, 18866 or 18185?
    Use your judgement, and above all, be honest with yourself. :)
    I walk with the world & the world walks with me!
    I don't make bad choices!!! Other people just fail to see my GENIUS !!!! :D
  • 2ax
    2ax Posts: 645 Forumite
    Options
    you'd expect there might be a cost difference to them between the freephone and London access numbers as well, but that doesn't come out in the tariffs
  • BoltonMinx
    BoltonMinx Posts: 1,382 Forumite
    Options
    Darn it, was good while it lasted :( Dont fancy going back to BT so who to switch to ? I've got a VOIP router but can't get the darned thing to work *sob*
    "There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

:A ~~~ S
    pread some good Karma ~~~ :A
  • mobilegossip
    Options
    Spikey wrote:
    so who is the cheapest now that 1899 has hiked the price up? 1899, 18866 or 18185?

1899 is the cheapest using the 0808/020 access numbers at 0.5p a min the other two charge 1p a min.

The other advantange of moving from Cable to BT,if you are considering it? is that you dont have to put up with the poor service some people are getting from the likes of 18866 at weekends,because you can register with a free evening and weekend call supplier.
  • PACH
    PACH Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Lets see what Martin says about 1899+NTL customers like many of us.
    Has anybody used this provider Just-Dial Saver* ?
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1899 is the cheapest using the 0808/020 access numbers at 0.5p a min the other two charge 1p a min.

The other advantange of moving from Cable to BT,if you are considering it? is that you dont have to put up with the poor service some people are getting from the likes of 18866 at weekends,because you can register with a free evening and weekend call supplier.

I was thinking of moving to BT because you can sign up for companies who offer free evening and weekend calls. That is the advantage of having a BT line instead of NTL.
  • mobilegossip
    Options
    PACH wrote:
    Lets see what Martin says about 1899+NTL customers like many of us.
    Has anybody used this provider Just-Dial Saver* ?

Why wait for Martin,s ok to move?
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was getting 'this is a free phonecall' notice till about 1.5 hours ago, it then said 1/2p per minute for a local call so if I'm going to be on for 4 mins or more I may aswell just use direct NTL and the 5p connection charge at weekends and evenings as I'm on 321 with NTL. Does anyone know exactly when it went up? or if theres anyone else doing free NTL?
    Thanx

Lady_K
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills