Zoom Airlines is in administration: How to get your money back

Comments

• savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Sounds like they are making it up as they go along!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Ive recieved a letter from Mastercard saying they are awaiting further information from the liquidator of Zoom before refunding any money under section 75, as they may provide alternative travel.

I've already purchased new ticket to travel which is in the middle of October.

Any ideas where I stand on this? I'm sure I'm not alone.

Johnny
  • Ive recieved a letter from Mastercard saying they are awaiting further information from the liquidator of Zoom before refunding any money under section 75, as they may provide alternative travel.

I've already purchased new ticket to travel which is in the middle of October.

Any ideas where I stand on this? I'm sure I'm not alone.

Johnny

I'd ring them up and speak to them. They are bust and have no money, so I see no reason why they'd arrange any alternative travel, its not like their covered by the CAA or anything. You may have to pressure them a bit as your going on holiday in October, say you can't wait for them to arrange it else it may be too late by the time they get round to it.
  • jenette wrote: »
    I booked my family flights for summer 09 on Zoom Airlines using my Debenhams Mastercard at a cost of over £2000 I telephoned the customer services helpline on 28th August and have still received no response.I had already paid the balance of my card when Zoom went bust.
    I have telephoned several more times and the agents who appear to be in India do not understand my problem and cannot give me an alternative telephone number.I am desperate to claim my money back.Can anybody help please???

I have got a full refund from Mastercard plus the additional cost of re booking my holiday with another ailine.SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jenette wrote: »
    I have got a full refund from Mastercard plus the additional cost of re booking my holiday with another ailine.SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad they paid up in the end and well done with getting the additional charges in there too!
  • SimbaK2K wrote: »
    I'd ring them up and speak to them. They are bust and have no money, so I see no reason why they'd arrange any alternative travel, its not like their covered by the CAA or anything. You may have to pressure them a bit as your going on holiday in October, say you can't wait for them to arrange it else it may be too late by the time they get round to it.

Mastercard were really helpful to me gave me a full refund plus the addtional which we incurred re booking with another airline.You must quote that Zoom failed to provide the service you paid for and you ave attempted to contact the airline and they have advised you to contact your credit card company.Good Luck!
  • I need some help.

My friend wrote a letter to the head office of Lloyds TSB but they haven't responded to her. She paid by Visa Debit Card. Today she went into her local branch to see if they could chase it up, but they told her she has to contact Visa and there isn't anything they can do about it. What rubbish.

Should she now write to the financial ombudsmen?

I paid using my Natwest Maestro card and wrote the head office a letter which they have also ignored. I'm assuming nobody has had any success with a Maestro card claim? I figure my last chance is to write to the administrators and hope for some kind of refund.

This all sucks pretty bad because I was due to leave the country permanently in 2 weeks. I don't have much cash so bless my mum for stepping in to buy me a new flight.
  • My credit card company are demanding that I obtain a letter from the administrators stating they will not be refunding me. This sounds like a delaying tactic. Do they have the right to do this?
  • philwar1 wrote: »
    My credit card company are demanding that I obtain a letter from the administrators stating they will not be refunding me. This sounds like a delaying tactic. Do they have the right to do this?

While it does sound like a delaying tactic, I'm curious to know what you sent in with your claim? Did you send proof of zoom asking to contact your credit card company? If so I would of thought this would be enough.
  • They asked for proof of purchase, so I sent my e-ticket confirmation/receipt. they then wrote back asking for a letter personally addressed to me confirming that Zoom was in administration! I phoned them and was told that the letter had to confirm that the administrators would'nt be refunding me. I asked for evidence that this is a legal requirement or is part of the terms & conditions; I have rec'd a letter back today with no such evidence just saying that the letter 'acts as a certificate,certifying the eligibility of my claim.' Talk about delaying tactics!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure