PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

Options

Comments

• angelatgraceland
    Options
    When I did some shopping in Co-op yesterday I bought some "buttery" spread. The 500g tub is only 57p whereas the 250g tub is about 85p. I asked at the till before I bought them-bought four for now. Fresh pizzas were on bogof too-its the only way I ever buy them. Also got some cheese on bogof-cant remember what sort(its locked up in my spare fridge)but its in a black packet.
    NSD today for me and hopefully tomorrow also. I feel like baking tonight-now Im thinking of the song-I feel like dancing but Ive replaced the words! Maybe its time for the branflake loaf.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Spent nearly £70 of this week's money & still 4 days to go! However, that includes £17.50 for haircuts for me & DSbaby - should I count this?
    We're going to DD for Sunday tea, so that will save a few quid, & have drawn £100 on Monday for the week, so it's got to last until next Monday - concentrates the mind wonderfully!
    On the down side, my little car (usually so reliable) has been refusing to start or is cutting out on me & today did it at the lights on the ring road en route to Mr S, leaving me & baby at mercy of idiots beeping & swearing at me! :mad:
    Spent an hour trying to get it going & had to walk round to DH's work & give him keys. (Some nice chaps pushed me round corner away from lights though!) Walked home having done no shopping, went up to village for few things, then sis took me to Mr M. Had to be a quick trip so she could pick up her son from school, so feel like I've rushed around all day, not done planned shopping etc etc. Car now at garage, where it's due its MOT tomorrow anyway - sod's law says it won't even start for them, so how can they test it for roadworthiness?! :mad: again!
    Aaah - feel better for that - sorry folks, i know most of you have more trying days than that - just at end of my tether. Baby going to bed now, so will wash up & stocktake freezer & plan meals as best I can for the next few days. On plus side, I picked 5 lb of brambles on Monday - at supermarket prices that's not far off £20 worth of fruit - so puds for next few weeeks sorted! Also mum has several bottles of wine left from Xmas, offered them to me as she doesn't drink & they're not dad's tipple either - unwanted pressies. Free booze! - just about makes up for car problems!! ;)
    Sorry for long post - may all your budgets be small ones.
    Anna x
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • JayJay14
    JayJay14 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    Have had a really good few days. Started a new job on Monday and that seems to be going well so far - really nice office full of people who like a good laugh - so I hope my 4 week trial continues like this as I might have a job to keep.:D

Also took 2 exams from my ECDL computer course this morning and passed both of them:j much to my amazement:rotfl:

Went to M & S to buy lunch to take back to work for a treat so not an NSD today, but I did have some MOCs so is only cost £1.30.:T
    So thats my spends today, off I trip to update my sig.

Hope everyone is well, see you all tomorrow.
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Just popped in to update my sig. Had to buy bananas today as we had run out and a roll for my lunch tomorrow (we're doing a special training thing tomorrow so couldn't eat my usual bowl of cereal!). Spent £1-50 altogether.

Had a sausage casserole today in the sc, but it almost burnt as it was on for about 12 hours - I put it on before I left for work and didn't get home until after 6! It was on a low heat but obviously needed more liquid - it tasted ok though.

Has anyone out there got a recipe for stuffed marrow please - I have one given to me by a friend and want to use it up by the weekend as it take up rather a lot of room in my fridge!

Thanks folks - have a good evening

Moniker
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Moniker wrote: »
    Has anyone out there got a recipe for stuffed marrow please - I have one given to me by a friend and want to use it up by the weekend as it take up rather a lot of room in my fridge! ...

Stuffed marrow recipe here in posts #54 and #57 and may well be others in that Marrow thread

I don't think you need to store marrow in the fridge? I usually keep mine in the veg rack - as long as its somewhere dry and not too warm it should be ok ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Lelc
    Lelc Posts: 558 Forumite
    Options
    Spent £9.40 today on milk, rice (I thought I had another packet but couldn't find it), naan bread, mayonnaise and chocolate bars (so that I don't buy chocolate at work). Also some reduced price cookies at 76p for 12 from the bakery dept.

We had hm chicken curry tonight (hence the rice and naan bread). I'm on my own from tomorrow until late Sunday so I'll just be using up leftovers in the freezer (and enjoying the peace) and I don't think I will need to buy anything further this week.
    Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts - DFW Nerd 323
    Debt free date - January 2012
    Mortgage free date - November 2013
    Cross stitch cafe challenge member no 16
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Bought a few bits that were on half price in the Co=op today. Spent £10.93 on Stir fry pork, chicken legs, ham, milk,pork steaks. Would have been £20.42 so I am happy at that.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Mrs_Money_Penny
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Just a spend of £4.20 for lunch. Don't go out to lunch very often so a little treat. Back to taking my salad to work tomorrow, already made and waiting in the fridge.:D
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • carolt2
    carolt2 Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just wanted to post my spends for today, spent a total of £28.54 in the pet store and Mr T's.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
  • Anzac_Biscuit
    Options
    Latest spends

Top-up shop today for 9.67, plus lunch at work for 3.5 (oops). Shouldn't need anything further this week though so I'm on target so far :)
    March 2020 grocery challenge $921.76/$500AU
    April 2020 grocery challenge $744/$800
    May 2020 GC $724.11/$750
    June 2020 GC $370.31/$700
    July 2020 GC $316.87/$700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts