September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

1167168169170171173»

Comments

• jexysbird
    jexysbird Posts: 97 Forumite
    I can declare I have gone quite a lot over budget. Although I did include all toiletries, household cleaning etc for 4 of us. I know I can do it, but I did stock up on things that were on offer during the month that I know we use, so hopefully budget will be lower.

For food 448.61, toiletries were 23.04, household 30.98 Total for month .................wait for it........ £502.63...:mad::(

Hubby has just said 'well what has it all gone on'?. All I can say is that we've eaten alot and show him the receipts!! I have managed on £250 a month before, but when I see things that are on offer that we use I get them. Determined this month for October challenge to spend £300 or less if possible - that is everything again - I know I can do it!!!

Please add me to the October challenge £300 again please.

MFW (as of 08/11/11) £7645.90
    Aiming to be mortgage free by Dec 2012 :j
    Sealed Pot Challenge #1628 - £16.00
  • ysatiss
    ysatiss Posts: 61
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Slightly late in declaring but here it is anyway...
    Total spent £113.80 for a budget of £80. Oops...
    Mathematically, I guess this would be called... err... a failure! Let's not go into percentages...
    But on the whole, I'm pleased. It was my first groceries challenge and I didn't really know how much was reasonable, so the fact I started paying attention was an achievement in itself!
  • rosieben
    rosieben Posts: 5,010
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on your first GC! :T

GC really makes us aware of what and how we spend. I regularly go over budget :o but I'm happy because my cupboards and freezer are full ..... ;)

edited to say, yes mathematically you are over budget, but how much are you 'mathematically' under what you used to spend? :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • pink_princess
    pink_princess Posts: 13,581 Forumite
    Hi can i declare my spends for september we managed on £299.23 :T
    REALLY pleased with this as money is tight at the moment .On to october now.
    Life is short, smile while you still have teeth :D
  • Bit late, but happy to report a £153.39 spend for the month, only £3.39 over.

FFM :)
    AMAZON SELLERS CLUB member 0077 come and join us :hello: make some space and get hold of some cash, we're on the ebay and other auctions, car boot and jumble sales board.
  • great ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport