PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS Daily Wednesday 20th August 2008

Options

Comments

• Dazi
    Dazi Posts: 1,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Do you think I am sad? I'm just so excited that I managed to get some washing out today and its dried :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    whoever said laughter was the best medicine has clearly never tasted wine

Stopped smoking 20:30 28/09/11 :D
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for the info re dogs and rashes sunnyday. I haven't rushed her along to the vet as she is her usual happy little self. She did have a rash a couple of summers ago and the vet I saw said we could spend a lot on skin scrapings etc but they might not show what the allergy is. I'll keep an eye on her and if she looks poorly I'll whisk her along. Last time (about a month ago)she had an injection, and 2 lots of tablets but it has come back now that they are all finished. One lot would have been antihistamines. She doesn't seem bothered and isn't scratching a lot.
    Older doggie has been for her annual check up and booster and the vet said she has some tartar on her back teeth - next month is teeth month and they're doing a promo on scaling but she said we'd have to weigh up the risks re general (she's 9 and a half). TBH she woolfs down biscuits and doesn't have smelly breath so I'll have a look for dog cleaning stuff and keep going with the toothbrush - must do it more regularly.
    Sorry for the long dog post, non-dog folks.

Trying to think how to make my £12 or whatever (can't remember) last to the end of August now that DSS is coming this weekend. Will have a think and a rummage in freezer. Might buy a chicken for Sun and make it s t r e t c h
    to Monday as well. Might even make a pie on Monday - it's literally years and years since I made onespeechless-smiley-040.gif

Diva - my DH had proper flu in spring - he was in bed for the best part of a week with aching joints and high temps. I told him to go to dr as he had just come back from Mexico and I wondered if he'd picked up something but no, 'just' flu. He is never ill like that and it was horrible seeing him so poorly. Hope yours rests well and is better soon.
    w
  • wannabe_sybil
    wannabe_sybil Posts: 2,845 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Diva - I do hope your darling feels better soon. It does sound like 'proper' flu, and with this weather I am not surprised. Would he take some hot squash and aspirin?

I am having a bit of a self pity moment. I am feeling really dizzy, so I have put little bear safe in his playpen and then I may try and nap on the sofa. I can't let dear heart know I am poorly, he is too stressed. Little bear sucked a sandwich for lunch. Actually, when he thought I wasn't looking he managed to finish a tiny triangle, crusts and all but then just played with the rest. I don't think that he doesn't like it, just that he isn't bothered. I gave him a bottle and he had a lot of that but he was sucking for comfort rather than nourishment. So he had a big cuddle until I had a really bad wave of dizziness. He is singing quietly in his playpen, and I think a combination of teething and just finished growth spurt have just taken his appetite. I will try with fromage frais later, when I am feeling a little better about walking up stairs.

I feel so frustrated as I still haven't got on with the ironing and I need to start clearing the garden. In an effort to motivate myself I ordered a rather large consignment of plants. They are due to arrive tomorrow. I have nowhere yet to plant them. Oops.
    I think tea tonight is going to have to be plan B, which I have no idea what but it will come from the freezer or the cupboard and NOT the takeaway.

Next door had promised to share a skip with us, as they are being threatened with prosecution by health and safety. I paid for a skip, which they filled apart from a mighty organ and two chests of drawers. It was a very large skip. To get another skip - which he promised he would - he needs to cut up one of the numerous vehicles and sell the scrap. The winnebago, large camper van type thing, is looking a mere shadow of itself, but really I do not expect a skip before October. Unless he is seriously prosecuted. So I have arranged for the council to come and pick up the mattress in the garden (sigh) and the other mattress which is currently blocking half the bedroom and shedding filling quicker than evil cat sheds hairs. 30th of August, and they have to be dry. And as they come at 7am the mattresses both need to be in the garden. And dry - in this weather?

I think I can feel an attack of knitting coming on. At least I would be doing something useful. Little bear seems very happy, so I am not disturbing him and if I need to I can always ask next door - who despite the skip problems are really nice and helpful.
    Ankh Morpork Sunshine Sanctuary for Sick Dragons - don't let my flame go out!
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the concern everyone, about my leg. It's a little tingly and my knee hurts a little..... I'm booked in to see the doctor at 9.30am tomorrow.
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • floss2
    floss2 Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Options
    whatatwit wrote: »
    Afternoon, didn't make it on here yesterday, we went to the Trafford Centre. I was looking for some shoes for Miss Twit and I to wear to a wedding where we are the bridesmaids :D
    I found a pair that fit me in New Look, but they didn't have Miss Twit's size, so I'll have to have a ring round.

What are they like WAT? I bought 2 pairs last week that I'm going to take back, in size 5..... have you tried St Annes?
  • Chrisca50
    Chrisca50 Posts: 946 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all

Not been on for a while, mainly cos nothing has been going on lately (rather that than the opposite I suppose). Been to work today. A quiet day there, boss is away on her hols so the mice have been playing lol

They said that there would be showers in Kent today so hung washing upstairs. Yea, you guessed it, its been dry as a bone all day grrrrrrrrrrr

ageandjo glad to hear your hubby's scan went well

Hope your DD enjoys her party PenPin

N9eav
    you are always succinct and to the point lol!!!!!!

Dogrose I bet if we have 10 days of dry warm weather they will be asking us to conserve water!!!

Have been glued to Olympics since Friday afternoon. Back at work today so will have to watch the catch up programme tonight to see what has been going on. Can't believe how well we have done this time round.

Hugs to all and have a good evening
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

Yet again, i havnt had chance to read the thread, so ((HUG)) and :hello: to anyone who wants/needs one xx

Dont seem to have done much recently, im feeling tierd, a mixture of not doing anything and lots of early mornings watching the Olympics, but its only every 4 years and i do love it! Finally managed to catch up with all my emails yesterday, and all the cleaning today - only to bump into the chap who is going to knock the wall down between my bathroom and toilet, and move the wall in between my DS and DDs bedrooms (DDs room is tiny, so this will make it a bit bigger) and he is coming to start it tomorrow!!!! - so all the cleaning has been in vain!!! I dont mind tho, its something ive wanted doing since i moved here 5 years ago, so will be good to get it over and done with.

My bedroom is still full of junk that i want to sell at a car boot sale, and fingers crossed, the weather is meant to be good this weekend, so the plan is to get up early and finally get out and do it this Sunday - watch the weather change now, just to spite me!

Also got all DSs school uniform today, now he is moving to High School, its all new stuff, but i have most of it now, i think all we need is his school trousers - im hoping to make use of Tescos 3 for 2 offer with those. Speaking of Tesco, i have a delivery due between 7 and 9 (cheapest time) im taking advantage of a 1000 point code, i have managed to save £1550 towards our next holiday (hopefully Florida next year) so the more extra points i can add between now and December, the better.

Did have some good news this week, have a new LO starting in September, its only 1 1/2 days, and is a bit of a pain because i now dont have a full time place available (just 3 spare days now) but i need to accept work when it comes up, and any extra is needed at the mo - especially if i dont get enough points for our holiday, will have to pay for some of it myself!
    Also, after emailing DS and DDs dad a few weeks ago, asking if he could help with DSs football fees, and not getting a reply, i finally bit the bullet and texted him yesterday - he said he did get the email, and hadnt realised he hadnt replyed!! Anyway, i asked him to help, he said yes (i nearly fell over at that point) asked how much, so i asked for it all - £70 (well he said he would pay half last year, and didnt, so i figured he could pay last years and this years all in one!) and he said yes again (again, i nearly fell over) he said he would bring a cheque when he comes to pick DS up next week (DD still says she isnt going). So, we will see what happens - i got excited last year when he said he would help, so wont count my chickens until i have the cheque in my hands. Im guessing i would be pushing my luck to ask for help with his school uniform!!!

Well, i really have drivelled on long enough, just want to say :hello: to Taplady, mrs mix, Shez and Twink (and an extra :hello: to anyone else who would like one)
    Hope everyone has a lovely evening,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh, Snowy - re junk emails - i get loads of them, but just scan them quickly (in case it says something about a win!!) and delete. You do get loads, but the wins i have had have made up for it all!
  • Money_saving_Diva_2
    Options
    Hi again all -

Just wanted to say thank you for all the good wishes for my OH....

Thanks Moliere and redruby and wmf, it's good to hear (well, not good exactly, but reassuring) that this really is 'flu, I was worrying cos he hasn't had a cold and yet he has a thumping headache, he is aching so much he actually groans outloud in his sleep and he has had high temperatures for 24hrs now.

Wannabe_sybil, thanks honey, I managed to dig out a few old lemsips and have been giving him squash and paracetamols in between. He knows to keep his liquids up, but he won't drink plain water so squash is the nearest thing. And I am so sorry you are feeling a bit down.. you work so hard and it's ok to have to stop sometimes. *Hugs*, I hope you feel better soon honey.

Thank you all again. I just hope he can get some sleep, he looks exhausted amongst all the rest!

Sorry to be posting again but actually I have to admit to being a little lonely without him around this afternoon!!

hugs to all

Diva.x
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Options
    Evening all,

Just a quick one as my head is thumping (knew it would, too much crying) to say thank you all so much for your kind thoughts & wishes for today, especially for DD.

The service was quite different to anything I've been to before as all the family (and their friends) are - and sorry if I describe it wrongly, not meaning to offend anyone! - quite "born again" churchy (lively singing & hands in the air waving to that?), so it wasn't a heavy, preachy, traditional church service (if you see what I mean), but people talking naturally about Zac and their memories of him. There was a mixture of sadness & laughter, and the church was overflowing. Only his parents, siblings, my DD & 5 other friends went to the burial, she hasn't said much about that yet, but came home with a few friends a couple of hours ago. Think we are all tired & emotionally drained & will be having an early night. His family seem to take real strength from each other & I am amazed at how brave they are.

I want to say loads more, but just can't think.... you are all such lovely people.
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    I am having a bit of a self pity moment. I am feeling really dizzy, so I have put little bear safe in his playpen and then I may try and nap on the sofa. I can't let dear heart know I am poorly, he is too stressed.

Sybil, I hope you don't mind me saying this but if you are unwell and worrying about leaving your little boy in his playpen, maybe you should tell your OH. He would rather know you were ill than find that something happened if you fainted or slept deeply while the baby is in the playpen unattended. There is nothing worse than feeling ill when you have small children. You really just don't get a day off sick do you? I remember it well. ;)
    I hope you feel better soon.icon7.gif

Vicki... I hope you get on ok at the doctor's.
    Sorry to hear your OH is ill Diva. I tried the custard cookies by the way and they went down a storm with the girls. :T :A :D

Cat... good news re the new little one. :beer:

Managed to be quite productive today. Got the usual stuff done as well as the inside windows and pictures and a huge basket of ironing. :cool:

Dishes and kitchen are done so I'm going to put the ironing away and reward myself with a large glass of red and a long soak in the bath.

Have good evenings everyone. xxx

Edited to add. Squiggly, what a hard day for everyone. Take care. xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family