Consumer Rights: MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    They were bound together by elastic band, then placed in an envelope. (See, I did bother reading the rest. ;) )

so did I
    so that would be bound together and loose in an envelope
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    So how else would they be in an envelope? It's not as if anyone would stick them to an envelope. :D
  • techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    I have threatened Royal Mail with court action on 3 occasions - and on every occasion - they then paid up.

I have a big claim in now for £80. But if they can't be sued - i wonder what made them pay up?
  • custardy
    Options
    So how else would they be in an envelope? It's not as if anyone would stick them to an envelope. :D

sigh,the point is when you have an item sloshing round in an envelope
    the items tend to damage the envelope
    a standard envelope isn't designed to take a weighty/bulky item (which compared to a sheet of paper,a dozen train tickets are)
    then they go crying when the envelope gives way
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    But of course, whilst you may be correct, you are speculating. The poster doesn't say what type of envelope it was posted in. :)
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    £900 in damages? what was the basis for that figure?
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • custardy
    Options
    But of course, whilst you may be correct, you are speculating. The poster doesn't say what type of envelope it was posted in. :)

maybe,but the fact is the envelope and its contents became seperated
    having had a train ticket type company in my old offices area
    I have seen on a daily basis how people package them
    though admittadly at that point I had no idea why people were sending wads of old train tickets to them
  • unhappyshopper85
    Options
    Hi there, need help before I end up losing the plot! I bought a sony bravia 37'' lcd tv from littlewoods catalouge, we started having problems with it 2 months before the warrenty ran out.. It has been taken away and repaired twice by the company that deals with catalouge but low and behold 2 weeks out of warrenty and the tv is faulty again.. we havent even had it back for 2 weeks but Littlewoods are adament that there's nothing they can do because the warrenty is up. I have tried to explain to them that under the sale of goods act that I am entitled to a refund or replacement as repairing it is not actually fixing the problem.. I have been called a liar and been spoken to like dirt.. even after speaking to a supervisor I have still yet to get any help!
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    Write to them stating you want a repair/replacement within 7 days or you will go to the Small Claims Court. if they refuse go to court without any further delay.

Regards,
    Art
  • Littlewoods
    Littlewoods Posts: 160 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi there, need help before I end up losing the plot! I bought a sony bravia 37'' lcd tv from littlewoods catalouge, we started having problems with it 2 months before the warrenty ran out.. It has been taken away and repaired twice by the company that deals with catalouge but low and behold 2 weeks out of warrenty and the tv is faulty again.. we havent even had it back for 2 weeks but Littlewoods are adament that there's nothing they can do because the warrenty is up. I have tried to explain to them that under the sale of goods act that I am entitled to a refund or replacement as repairing it is not actually fixing the problem.. I have been called a liar and been spoken to like dirt.. even after speaking to a supervisor I have still yet to get any help!

Hi Unhappyshopper85,

We are sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing with your TV and would like to help.

Please email us at [EMAIL="Help@littlewoods.co.uk"]Help@littlewoods.co.uk[/EMAIL] and we'd be happy to deal with this issue for you.

(We have also posted in your thread relating to this issue)

Many Thanks

Dave
    Littlewoods Help Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Littlewoods MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure