Consumer Rights: MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Options

Comments

• Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    cathys1 wrote: »
    In April we took delivery of, and fitted a B & Q kitchen, which is turning out to be horrendously bad at developing faults!

First off, the vinyl on one door has a bubble in it. My steamer was on for twenty minutes under this door - but I would expect them to be able to withstand a bit of heat and steam.

Second, I didn't empty my iron when it had cooled down, and the water leaked into the cupboard - and the bottom shelf has "blown" It wasn't loads of water - I only have a "normal" sized iron. Fair enough - I may expect to have to take responsibility for this one - but the way it has gone, you'd think that my bath had leaked onto it or something.

Third - I have a corner cupboard for my plates - and the bit that joins them has so many chips in the vynl laminate. Now I don't bash the doors together or anything - it's my new kitchen - at a loss as to how it's so bad!

Then today I noticed a huge crack in my glass splashback behind my hob.

I feel gutted. I know you get what you pay for - and it's not the most expensive kitchen in the world BUT to me this isn't fit for the purpose or lasted a reasonable length of time.
    Dh will call B & Q tomorrow, because I know I'll get too emotional if they try and fob me off.

Your thoughts / advice is appreciated before we call them.

Many thanks.

Put your complaints in writing to B & Q and ask them to investigate. let us know what they say.

Regards,
    Art.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure where to post this!! Bought a headphone from Amazon market place. It is still under guarantee but have not kept the receipt. Does aybody know what I need to do to get it repair under the guarantee? I have not kept the instructions. Do I contact the seller or amazon? I have not kept any details but am sure Amzon has a record. Thanks
  • Moon_Boi
    Moon_Boi Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    loulou41 wrote: »
    Not sure where to post this!! Bought a headphone from Amazon market place. It is still under guarantee but have not kept the receipt. Does aybody know what I need to do to get it repair under the guarantee? I have not kept the instructions. Do I contact the seller or amazon? I have not kept any details but am sure Amzon has a record. Thanks

You have to contact the seller. Market place sales are undertaken by individuals or companies, not Amazon.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    how long have you had them ? dont assume you have 12 months warranty i believe its something like 60/90 days as they are private sellers.
  • miffy93
    Options
    abrockhu wrote: »
    I purchased a product from Comet off their website on 1.11.08 for £79.99, they debited my account for the amount plus delivery and sent an email confirmation. I have today received the product but it is different to the item ordered. Originally i ordered Guitar Hero world tour complete band game as advertised. There was no specification so therefore went off the image. Today just Guitar Hero solo guitar pack arrived, looking on there website they have now changed these items and are now using the product code that originally was for the full band now for the solo guitar pack. At the time of ordering there was no solo guitar pack available. They are now saying that they have not done anything wrong, that pictures are for illustration purposes only (even if no specification is available) and that they can offer a full refund for the product i have received or i can pay the extra £90 for the item i purchased for £79.99. Does anyone know where i stand on this one? Am i within my rights to demand what i ordered for the price i ordered it for?

I'm in exactly the same situation with Toys R Us (although I haven't contacted them yet as I wanted to go at them with some ammo).

The product was described as the full bundle, it had the full bundle specification & the full bundle picture - yet the item supplied is the guitar & game only.

They also have now changed the website to reflect the correct item.

I have an order confirmation, a despatch confirmation AND a printout of the webpage before they changed it.

Can anyone help regarding what rights I have & what they are entitled to do about providing the the item they advertised & I purchased - thanks.
  • loulou41
    loulou41 Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    how long have you had them ? dont assume you have 12 months warranty i believe its something like 60/90 days as they are private sellers.

Bought it in May, did not read any instructions or small print. So if it is 60 days, there is nothing I can do. Is there anywhere I can you read about this? Thanks
  • tillster
    Options
    I have a question regarding warranties for products

I am shortly to move to another country in the EU.

What happens to the warranty's of the products I bought under UK warranty?

For those electrical items bought, say, from Amazon UK, would they insist on them being returned for servicing in the UK, or would the manufacturer's warranty cover them being repaired by the manufacturer in my new country?
    Wise beneath my years
  • Art_2
    Art_2 Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    tillster wrote: »
    I have a question regarding warranties for products

I am shortly to move to another country in the EU.

What happens to the warranty's of the products I bought under UK warranty?

For those electrical items bought, say, from Amazon UK, would they insist on them being returned for servicing in the UK, or would the manufacturer's warranty cover them being repaired by the manufacturer in my new country?

If these are manufacturers' warranties and the company is international then the warranty will generally be met anywhere in the EU. Retailer warranties would not. Full details will be given in the warranty itself.

Regards,
    Art.
  • distressedpleasehelp
    Options
    Hi there,
    My first day on here! Was given this link so hope it's the right place to post!
    :o
    I'd like to ask what my rights are in this purchase (not having much luck with anything this year)
    Bought 3 leather sofas from stylish sofas online, very nice people, greeat price, great easy to use site so no problems. Sofas arrived late but wasn't in a rush anyway so that was ok, delivery men very nice, assembled the sofas for me and it looked lovely in my room. Have been having money problems and haven't had a sofa in my living room for 6 months so was really happy, that is until I noticed that one of the sofas had a tear at a seam. I emailed stylish sofas and he nicely replied he would contact his supplier. That was two days after delivery, on their site they stipulate 24 hours for damage and 7 days for changing your mind.
    I promised him a photo of the damage so i waited a few days to get my son to help with digital photos, which when he took them he noticed that all the seams joining the cushions to the sofas were ripped.
    So I notified stylish sofas that this time I'd have to ask for my money back before the sofas got worse, hassle!!! I loved the sofas and didn't want the hassle of them going, probably won't have sofas for Christmas now. Anyway I'm awaiting his reply but can someone please help and tell me where I stand legally just incase his answer isn't good.
    Oh I paid by credit card but I've had to cut that up so my credit card company won't help. How does it stand for me paying by card but asking for a cheque in refund?
    Thanks a lot, I'd appreciate any help.
  • 10past6
    10past6 Posts: 4,962 Forumite
    Options
    Oh I paid by credit card but I've had to cut that up so my credit card company won't help. How does it stand for me paying by card but asking for a cheque in refund?
    Thanks a lot, I'd appreciate any help.
    You're rejecting the goods due to them being damaged, simple as that, not open to negotiation.

As for your credit card, although you don't have the card, if the account is still "Active" you can have the refund returned into that account, all you need is the account number, which the retailer will have when they took your payment.

It may be better if the refund was returned into your CC account, it wll reduce the amount your have outstanding on the CC.
    Click here for Martins (MSE) advice on who to contact with Debt Issues - YOU HAVE NO REASON TO USE A FEE PAYING DEBT MANAGEMENT COMPANY- THEY CANNOT DO ANYMORE FOR YOU THAN THOSE LISTED IN MY LINK ABOVE.

All information given by myself is offered informally and without prejudice - if in doubt seek help from a qualified and insured professional
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure