Cheapest iPhone discussion

Comments

• duggie1982
    duggie1982 Posts: 717 Forumite
    I got a vodafone deal through my work £40 pm 18 month contract with £129 for handset back in November. The reason I went for it is the signal boost box for my house and got 20% off through my work
  • the one plan is £35/month free handset 24 month contract with 3!
  • dtc333
    dtc333 Posts: 10 Forumite
    If this is for real then it sounds a good deal - but where do you get this from and how do you pay for it ? (Paypal ?)
  • Chimpofdoom
    Chimpofdoom Posts: 806 Forumite
    dtc333 wrote: »
    If this is for real then it sounds a good deal - but where do you get this from and how do you pay for it ? (Paypal ?)

If it seems too good to be true.. it probably is...

I reckon SPAM! :spam:
    :exclamatiTo the internet.. I need to complain about something!
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    dtc333 wrote: »

Western union and you'll never see the phone. As ChimpOfDoom suggests it's spam
  • jayzy1
    jayzy1 Posts: 9 Forumite
    3 Signal seems to be getting much better compared to a couple of years ago but not as good as the others yet. However their 3g signal is excellent and ideal if you are using the phone for browsing / mobile internet.
  • if you are using 3 in area of population then you have no issues! If you try to use it in very rural areas its not too hot. The reason, I beleive, is population coverage but also as its 3g and is broadband based you target mass population for return. Bit like home broadband where sky,talk talk et al are happy to do local loop unbundling en mass but dont offer rural solutions!
  • I just got what I hope was a pretty good deal at Orange.

iphone 4 - 16gb handset in Black. Free of charge

24 month contract paying £30 a month. Get 700 minutes (plenty for me) Unlimited texts, 750 mb internet (plenty for me), Orange Maps and 50 photo messages

I should add that this would normally be £40 a month, but I get 25% discount as my employer has concessionary rates with Orange.
  • JOHN1982
    JOHN1982 Posts: 364 Forumite
    I don't know if this has been mentioned (as I'm too lazy to go over the other 169 pages!) but I think the Tesco Clubcard points should be figured into such a high-priced purchase.

On the average Tesco iPhone 4 contract you spend around £750 for the duration. It's double points on the handset and double on every pound spent*. So that's 1500 points = £15 in vouchers = £45 tripled-up!

I realise this doesn't trump the cashback deals, but at least iyou're sure to get them!

*It's actual triple points until September. So that puts the points up a bit depending on when you get your contract and how much you pay per month!
    "The most desirable trait of the internet is the ability to attribute quotes to anyone."
    - Winston Churchill
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I just got what I hope was a pretty good deal at Orange.

iphone 4 - 16gb handset in Black. Free of charge

24 month contract paying £30 a month. Get 700 minutes (plenty for me) Unlimited texts, 750 mb internet (plenty for me), Orange Maps and 50 photo messages

I should add that this would normally be £40 a month, but I get 25% discount as my employer has concessionary rates with Orange.

Thought it was too good to be true, that would of been ideal for my mum.

I wonder if she can get a tariff cheaper with less minutes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure