Cheapest iPhone discussion

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,620
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    My current monthly payment contract comes to an end later this week and I want to upgrade to an iPhone 4. I want to stay with Orange so can anyone tell me if I'm likely to be able to get a FREE upgrade to IP4 from them? I'm wondering if a SIM only deal would be the way to go? I'm after a contract of no more than £40 per month and want to minimize the amount I pay for the handset.

We just got a free White iPhone 4 as an upgrade on a £40 contact. Even managed to upgrade almost 3 months early.
    ====
  • dolph
    dolph Posts: 1 Newbie
    Near end of vodafone contract.Was intending to leave as I could get the iPhone 4 cheaper elsewhere. Got right down to getting my PAC code and then thay offered me a refurb iPhone 4(phone that had been returned within 7 days) 900mins Unlimited text 500MB £46
    on a 12 month contract and £50 for the handset with a years warranty plus they would buy my old phone.Got this offer for 24hours very tempting.
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    £46 is quite high per month but as it's only 12 months, thats why. Wouldn't worry about refurb Apple phone as they are very good with the Apple Warranty.
    The fact they buy your old phone is tempting too, although check eBay see if you could get more for it there?
  • Hi all,
    16 months ago I got an iPhone 3Gs from O2 on a £35 a month cost with free refurbished handset. Great deal. Are O2 still doing deals with refurbished handsets? I am after an iPhone 4?
    Cheers
    Stu
  • When I tried around Feb with O2 they were only doing refurbed 3GSs, though they could be doing 4s now.
  • fuzzer
    fuzzer Posts: 13 Forumite
    I'm surprised there's been no mention of the Giffgaff sim, the best and cheapest by some distance. They are backed by the 02 network, so no connection issues.

Type in giffgaff to a search engine (Google ect) and have a look at the deals.
  • doconline
    doconline Posts: 6 Forumite
    I have just got a 16gb iPhone with Three. It is the one deal, 2000 minutes, 5000 texts, 5000mins to other Three users, unlimited data, 24 month contract. The phone was £69, but if you go through quidco, you get £109 cashback, just remember to clear all your cookies etc before going through quidco. Data is really quick, and line quality if good, which I was wondering about with it being Three.
  • I'm on O2 and have been for years, I spoke with the upgrade team a few days ago as I wanted the new iPhone 4, but to get the handset for free the tariff was £63pm on a 24month contract (Handset price was £140.99 for £37pm tariff/24months). After a bit of research I found that the Carphone warehouse were doing the 16GB iPhone 4 (black) on the £37pm tariff (600mins, unlimited texts, 500MB dl & unlimited Wi-Fi), 24month contract with the handset for free. So I called back O2 and told them of the Carphone Warehouse deal. I now have an iPhone 4 handset for Free on that £37pm tariff/24month. O2 are price matching the Carphone Warehouse deal, you will also be able to downgrade to a lower tariff after 12months.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fuzzer wrote: »
    I'm surprised there's been no mention of the Giffgaff sim.

Because it isn't a micro sim, you'd have to cut it down.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • dulcificum
    dulcificum Posts: 99 Forumite
    It's not exactly hard to cut it down or get someone to do it for you. If you're paying anywhere near £30 for a iPhone contract, you'll save heaps on giffgaff.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure