Cheapest iPhone discussion

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,620
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 17 June 2011 at 1:34AM
    richardw wrote: »
    Because it isn't a micro sim, you'd have to cut it down.

GiffGaff do supply micro sims now, you can apply for them on their website

http://apps.giffgaff.com/microgaff/request.php#
    ====
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Great, well done giffgaff.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • If iPhones do it 4U (personally I fancy the Galaxy SII), then the 24 month £35pm Three One Plan Deal for a 16GB iP4 (2000 minutes + + + truly unlimited Data) has to be considered as the "best kitchen sink deal" out there right now - if you talk nicely to the more knowledgable staff in an Apple Store and do the deal on 3 mobile via them then you are likely to be given accessories that go some considerable way to offsetting the upfront charge and you also perhaps gain the added peace of mind of having become a direct bona-fide full-on Apple Store customer (lots of no quibble service as standard?)
  • copperycat
    copperycat Posts: 103 Forumite
    My iphone 3Gs contract is up with Orange and I called to see about upgrading to an iphone 4. However they would only offer me their standard £30/m contract that I am on at the moment and the handset was £229. I pointed out that the Carphone Warehouse could give me this contract with the handset cost of £179. But they wouldn't move on either the phone or contract cost and did not offer any additional minutes or anything.

Finding it hard to get a good deal - the better ones are mainly for 24 months and I think that is too long. I am tempted to just buy an iphone from Apple and get a GiffGaff sim for £10/m. The only thing I am concerned about is the network coverage where I live.

Does anyone know of any deals for buying the phone on its own?
  • BenS1
    BenS1 Posts: 182 Forumite
    Apple finance, but the APR is 15% or so, so basicly £25 a month on repayments.
  • copperycat
    copperycat Posts: 103 Forumite
    Update on good iphone deal:

Phones 4 u have a web exclusive for O2 - iphone 4 16gb 600mins, 3000 texts, 500mb internet/wifi £37/month phone cost £29 and £37/month x 24months. Quidco are giving £70 cashback so works out at £35.29 a month.

Does this sound good?

Could perhaps get a better deal on Orange which Phones 4 u are offering free on a £35/m contract (same mins and texts) which with cashback would be £32/m. But I dont get a good signal with Orange at home so happy to pay a bit extra for O2 which I think may be better.
  • My wife and I live half the year in UK and the other half in Florida. We'd like to both get Iphones.

Presumably the most economic route would be to have a sim card for UK and another for USA?

In both countries we want to be able to use the internet from our Iphones whilst travelling, as well as for phone calls and texts.

Does anyone have advice on which providers to use?
  • spl00sh
    spl00sh Posts: 67 Forumite
    T-mobile are doing iphone 4 - 24 months / £30 / phone £179.99
    200 minutes 200 texts and unlimited data plus one booster (unlimited texts/landline calls/t-mobile etc.)
    Quidco are doing a special £150 cashback for all new T-mobile contracts which makes the phone only £30!!!

Edit: Also called up o2 to cancel my contract and the best they could offer is 200 minutes unlimited texts 500mb data and phone would be £147 for anyone who is thinking of staying with o2!
  • Just got my iphone 4 on the one plan from 3! My mate tipped me off as he did the same deal. £35/month no upfront fee for the phone available in black or white. phone is the biz. Got lads email address if any one needs it!
  • Jake_Oswalt
    Jake_Oswalt Posts: 14 Forumite
    Do you know who is offering the best contract on an S2? Samsung s2 looks amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure