CEX going insolvent rumour - how to verify?

Options

Comments

• cavycrazy_2
    cavycrazy_2 Posts: 243 Forumite
    Options
    Just found this on their forum -

"Some rumours have circulated that CeX is insolvent.
    For the record: CeX is not insolvent.
    CeX was on the wrong end of a severe bank clerical error and a small number of cheques were returned. CeX apologises to any customers affected by this and will be issuing new cheques to customers and will also be issuing an extra £10 voucher by way of an apology.
    If your cheque was returned please contact our wecare team at [EMAIL="wecare@webuy.com"]wecare@webuy.com[/EMAIL]
    Many Thanks

Dominic Durante
    Ecommerce Manager"

That's good - now what about sending games to folk that have paid for them? :mad:
  • steven504
    steven504 Posts: 294 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    If this is true they should get compensation from the bank. Even if just a rumor this could be the end of the company. The rumors are everywhere and the bank payments affected allot of people.
    Lets not use quidco
  • bbill
    bbill Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    email has just gone out informing staff they will be paid TODAY :money:
    lets hope so lol
  • sdineage
    Options
    checkout www.snoop4directors.co.uk and lookup cex or company reg no. 03194152

The status reports 'Winding up petition'. from what I've read regarding this status the company has had it, is it true.

I would think this is why cex have not paid cash over the last year or so for items, as the vouchers they issue would be useless and cost the company nothing if it goes down.

I'm also waiting for games that cex have taken the money for and I have not received, luckily its not too much money.
  • pinkie
    pinkie Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    bbill wrote: »
    email has just gone out informing staff they will be paid TODAY :money:
    lets hope so lol

Hiya, did you get your wages and did they actually clear? I'm hoping if they are actually getting around to paying staff the customers might be next (naive arent i!!). I still live in hope (foolishly!).

Must admit though their customer services are the worst I have ever dealt with. They claim they have posted new cheques - nothing yet for me (surprise surprise).

Pinkie x
  • bbill
    bbill Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    pinkie wrote: »
    Hiya, did you get your wages and did they actually clear? I'm hoping if they are actually getting around to paying staff the customers might be next (naive arent i!!). I still live in hope (foolishly!).

Must admit though their customer services are the worst I have ever dealt with. They claim they have posted new cheques - nothing yet for me (surprise surprise).

Pinkie x

yep its all cleared fine.
    I cant comment on the customer service as ive nver really used it myself and its seprate from the stores, altho we do try to help whenever possible with a customer and give them honest advice (not just trying to get money out their pocket)

Just bit worried about that previous post with the company status "winding up petition"
  • cavycrazy_2
    Options
    A reply on the cex forum says I have to wait 28 days before I can complain about my game being missing. It was supposedly posted on Saturday, it is now Friday - no game.

In light of this, I am worried I won't get my game.
    Company Name C.E.X. LIMITED Company Address STERLING HOUSE, FULBOURNE ROAD, LONDON, E17 4EE, E17 4EE Company Reg No. 03194152 info.gifCompany Status Winding Up Petition

Is 28 days reasonable? I don't think so. I've therefore told them I want either my game or a refund by Tuesday 5th August.

Also, as I paid by Visa debit, I'm pretty much screwed for going that route for a refund, am I correct?
  • cavycrazy_2
    Options
    A staff member has just posted on their forum that people should check Companies House. I did that.

Name & Registered Office:
    C.E.X. LIMITED
    STERLING HOUSE
    FULBOURNE ROAD
    LONDON
    E17 4EE
    Company No. 03194152

Last Return Made Up To: 03/05/2007
    Next Return Due: 31/05/2008 OVERDUE
    spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif
    They also state that this is all due to a banking error and is now cleared up, but the link kindly posted by sdineage is still showing that someone has served them with a winding up petition so they owe someone more than £750 and that person has applied to have them declared insolvent and in order to get their money back.

CeXManager - when am I going to get my order? I paid for it over a week ago and frankly, I'm sick of being told it was posted on Saturday and I should wait 28 days before you'll even look into it. You must understand, all these anecdotes of staff not being paid, customers not being paid, a winding up petition being served against you, your accounts months overdue - all serve to make people to whom you owe money or goods very nervous.

I just want my game that I paid for in good faith. I emailed you today and posted on your forum that you have till Tuesday to give me my game or a refund. The reply was "It's been posted, wait 28 days." Not good enough.
  • CGM_2
    CGM_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunatly there is very little hope of you receiving your games, and lot of people will not see any monies back. CEX have had a winding up portition against them, the money is just not there and its been heading this way for awhile. CEX manager has pointed people on this forum to the companieshouse website, but anyone that deals with ltd companies knows that the information publically available on this link only shows what there must recent set of accounts and annual returns state.
  • cavycrazy_2
    Options
    Thanks CGM, I'm pretty sure I won't see either my order or my money, but if I can draw as many people's attention to it as possible, hopefully I'll stop someone else making the same mistake. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure