CEX going insolvent rumour - how to verify?

Options
167891012»

Comments

• ihatecex
    ihatecex Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    A month ago, CEX Manchester Arndale has to pay the bailiffs some amount of money to give a gold handshake between Cex and bailiffis, as bailiffs and police ordered to close the shop. So Don't know if Cex how long will be survived ?

So I reckon ppl who is waiting for payment from Cex, got to be careful as your item has been received and Cex must have ripped off some body else with your item and still not pay you.

Btw, CEX is a rip-off, they are selling a SECOND HAND PS3 80gb with no games for £325. what a joke.
  • greyskittles
    Options
    I am officially sick of cex. They said my bank payment failed, so they had to send me a cheque. It has been 28 days since they said they'd send the cheque and no cheque is received. Now they are telling me to send a copy of my bank statement!!!!! They can b*gger ff.

Who can I complain to about this? Anyone? :confused::mad::mad::mad:
  • ihatecex
    Options
    To Grey,

Look like you got a little chance as their customer service is disappear, and the store couldn't deal with head office or online purchase, as it go through their com team. Trading Standards is your best option as Trading Standards and a group of consumer is trying to put Cex on Watchdog as no payments received, no delivery, and even worst, CHEQUE STOPPED after paying to customer.
    Or alternatively, you can just come straight to their head office door and demand for your money back, just keep calm and talk to one of them. I heard that Sam Millen, Loss Prevention Manager is quite a good and fair guy, so if you probably ask to speak to him, you could sort out some thing
  • stansphat
    Options
    ill tell u why CEX might be going bankrupt from the bad experience ive had in the Derby store.

1) I arrived in the store at 10.30am to buy ps3 for pc parts i was trading in. i was told that the manager would have to test them but he was on his lunch break. To me 10.30am is a bit early for a lunch break in any job.

2) When trading pc parts, a sniff test was done on the ram to see if it smelt of burning. I would say after building my own systems that the 'ram sniff test' is probably the worst diagnostic test ever for ram. This was backed up by a friend who works for a pc repair shop in derby. He laughed! maybe MEM-test would be better. Just maybe

3) Dropping delicate parts. Eg electrical goods. this was done to my pc prossessor by a member of staff. Jesus i thought!

4) Telling customers they have bought faulty goods into store when trying to trade them, when actually nothing is faulty at all/ claiming that stock you bought from them is still working even though it is not. eg- apparently my prossessor wasent working, its working fine - tested by Barron McCann in Derby - big pc repair firm.

5) Stupid prices, eg. Battlefield bad company for ps3 second hand at 45quid. Its 35 brand new.

6)Staff that are arrogant, apparently the customers not right.

7)Staff that are unprofessional. eg testing electrical equiptment for trade in without anti-static wrist bands, dropping stuff, having bits of metal in their face whilst working ranging from nose, lip piercings to barrels.

8)Staff that chat rubbish and have no idea what they are talking about - the reason why this consoles more expensive is that they dont make it anymore, therefore rare - yeh thats why youve got 10 on your shelves, very rare obviously. ps3 range in CEX for example.

or quote Brian the store manager in derby 'we dont have to wear anti-static wrist bands whilst testing your equiptment as it is our choice to accept your item for testing' - makes little sense, plus if you break my item then what, its my fault i suppose that you broke it???????

9) Stupid trade in values, not in line with other stores. Generally they give too much for used items compared to other stores - this is good for the consumer, bad for them.

10) No cash given for trade, only exchange.

This all basically boils down to terrible and inexperienced managers (Such as Brian, the Derby CEX store manager) and poorly trained staff - in general. im sure not all the staff are that bad. They cant be can they??? i hope not. And to say i was really looking forward to their being a CEX in Derby, obviously before it opened and i went there. Shame!!!

(p.s.i know i cant spell, and have poor grammer - im dyslexic)

SNIFFING PC RAM!!!JESUS!!!
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stansphat wrote: »
    8)Staff that chat rubbish - the reason why this consoles more expensive {then a new unused better console eg 60gb ps3 compared to 80gb} is that they dont make it anymore, therefore rare - yeh thats why youve got 10 on your shelves. very rare obviously

Actually even second hand they sell for quite a high price because they are quite superior to the PS3s produced since (i.e. 40GB, 80GB). They really do sell on the secondhand market for more than a brand new 80GB model. There are differences other than just the hard disc size.
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • stansphat
    Options
    ok. i know there are a few differences, but a 60gb at 360quid just seems a bit much. but if thats the way it is then that's that. lol.
  • superscaper
    superscaper Posts: 13,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stansphat wrote: »
    ok. i know there are a few differences, but a 60gb at 360quid just seems a bit much. but if thats the way it is then that's that. lol.

They sometimes actually get sold for more than that on ebay. Possible you could have even made a profit if you'd bought a couple. :rotfl:
    "She is quite the oddball. Did you notice how she didn't even get excited when she saw this original ZX-81?"
    Moss
  • truereddevil
    Options
    Well can i just say i was seriously thinking of going into this company as a franchisee but after reading all this i certainly wont be thanks to everybody
  • sweetnskint
    Options
    so many cross people with this company i would stay well clear! cheques never seem to pay up.games go missing....shop elsewhere!
    :starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod::starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure