Brabantia

Options
12345679»

Comments

• kormachameleon
    Options
    I had a different experience. My bin no longer opens every time when you put your foot on the pedal. I rang them and told them about this. I no longer have the receipt but guess I bought it about 10 years ago. I thought they were guaranteed for life but the person on the phone said that it was just a 10 year guarantee and I wouldn't be able to get a replacement.
  • fioshaw
    Options
    m3jns wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of people posting faults with the catches on their bins. Either the products are rubbish or a lot of people are heavy handed & break things to get it replaced. No wonder they're dear.

I've had my 50L bin for 9 years now without any problems. Seem to remember that a spare catch came with the bin originally, so it must be an underlying problem.
  • newscot
    Options
    Thanks for this tip. It really works. Has made me more inclined to spend more with this company because of the excellent guarantee.
  • craftydiva
    Options
    Thank you very much for the tip

I called the customer service line this morning and they have offered free replacement which will be in the post and with me within next 2-3 days

Well that is service :T
  • Chrissykimble55
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice, i was just about to buy a replacement bin lid for 40 Euros as the small spindle on my 50lt Brabantia touch bin had broken, but after reading all the posts i thought i would ring Brabantia customer service first. I had no receipt and really could not remember how long ago i bought the bin. Spoke to a very helpful man who asked me a couple of questions about the bin and where the logo was on the lid - once i answered these questions he said he would be sending me a new bin lid and would take about 7-10 working days :D. Very impressed with their customer service wish every company was as easy and i will certainly consider buying Brabantia again. The number to call is 08456024877 and you do not have to send the old lid back - once again thanks :j
  • caz2703
    caz2703 Posts: 3,630 Forumite
    Options
    Wish I'd known this a few months ago :mad: The husband likes to let the bin get to overflowing stage before he empties it so stuff regularly gets caught in the lid. Recently he managed to get a plastic tray caught in the catch so when he slammed the lid down the catch sheared off. Muggins here ended up having to buy a new bin as it was the cheapest option at the time (I had a gift voucher I could use against it).

Great to know that Brabantia have such good customer service and that the money is well spent :T
  • Garlicbread
    Garlicbread Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah Brabantia are brilliant! The catch on my bin lid went a few weeks ago. I just completed the online questions and a brand new lid arrived in the post the following week. I didn't even need proof of purchase.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure