Brabantia

Options

Comments

• Sannex
    Options
    This is indeed perfect service!!

Three months ago, me and my boyfriend bought a new brabantia touch bin 40l and its very satisfiable to read that they provide such good service.
    My mother laughed at me when i told her I bought a bin for more that 100 euros but with this good service, my touch bin can stay with us for life ;).
  • mysuni
    mysuni Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    I had a 30 l bin that the catch broke on about 3 years ago and i googled for a replacement catch and was annoyed that i couldn't find anything at the time. I threw the lid away and the bin is used to store umbrellas in in my garage now and i have bought a 50l bin for the kitchen. I can't believe i could have had a new catch for free. What are the chances do you think of getting a replacement lid when i no longer have the old one to send back to them.
  • veryunsure
    Options
    send an email! If you don't ask you won't know. I have found them helpful in the past!
  • cybergibbons
    Options
    I still don't get the attitude towards these bins. There is clearly an inherent design fault with the lid and catch so that they repeatedly break. They are throwing money down the drain replacing them time after time rather than simply design out the fault.
  • veryunsure
    Options
    I agree that there is a design fault - over several iterations of the bin. Perhaps they are working on it as the lid (and catch) has changed over time.

Just noticed some pedantry on a reply to an earlier message of mine. Sorry. So sorry.
  • veryunsure
    Options
    These two statements appear to contradict one another.

Thank you.

If you have the bin you may understand what I meant.
  • patrick0
    Options
    I still don't get the attitude towards these bins. There is clearly an inherent design fault with the lid and catch so that they repeatedly break. They are throwing money down the drain replacing them time after time rather than simply design out the fault.

I don't think you can say there's a design fault based on the few posts in this thread - some of which say it was their own fault. You really need access to the total sales vs faults statistics.

It's a bit like the Apple iPhone -- a small group of people were complaining about a particular issue in a forum, the media seized on it as a general fault. But when the fault stats were published, they were far below industry averages. Apple are like Brabantia and automatically replace anything faulty without question. Though they're getting more fussy and putting water sensors in their phones so they can avoid replacing phones dropped in the loo.

I've had a Brabantia bin for 4 years without any problems, as have several friends. I'm surprised they give a 10yr guarantee - my bin gets very frequent and rough use so I'd be surprised if the lid/catch lasts 10 years.
  • ajc21
    ajc21 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a similar experience with Brita when the digital filter indicator stopped working two years after I bought it. Just had to fill in a few details and part was sent through the post completely free of charge.

Wish I'd known about Brabantia though as have paid for replacement lid recently and cost a fortune!
  • m3jns_2
    m3jns_2 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of people posting faults with the catches on their bins. Either the products are rubbish or a lot of people are heavy handed & break things to get it replaced. No wonder they're dear.
  • GDB2222
    GDB2222 Posts: 24,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've had two replacement bin catches - they seem to last a year. It takes a few minutes to order the part and then a minute to fit it. I have no issues with Brabantia as long as they continue to supply the catches for the balance of the (10 year?) guarantee.
    No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure