Brabantia

Options

Comments

• pr1nc3ss
    Options
    Just wanted to say thank you to the OP for this thread, the catch on my 50L bin lid would no longer hold and it wouldn't close. Called Brabantia, no questions asked I have a new catch in the post today. If I hadn't seen this thread I would have bought another bin! What wonderful customer service!
  • cazxx1
    cazxx1 Posts: 433 Forumite
    Options
    hi have you got an up to date phone number cheers
  • Farmers24
    Options
    I just spoke to brabantia on 01275 810600 and like other people they are sending me a posting label. I was on hold for about 90 seconds and the whole call only took a few minutes

Good work brabantia!
  • veryunsure
    veryunsure Posts: 249 Forumite
    Options
    Me too.

I have one of these bins and the catch went and was replaced twice. Then the whole catch went wrong and wouldn't hold the inner piece.

I emailed them and a whole new lid was sent. I had to return the old lid unit first (post free) and a replacement came within a few days.

They are fab. It may cost a little more but it is worth it.
  • cybergibbons
    cybergibbons Posts: 399 Forumite
    Options
    veryunsure wrote: »
    the catch went and was replaced twice. Then the whole catch went wrong and wouldn't hold the inner piece.

They are fab.

These two statements appear to contradict one another.
  • leep
    leep Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Just contacted Brabantia customer services as my bin lid had been damaged, call answered within 30 secs and they are sending me a replacement free of charge ( i do have send the old one to them first but free posting :j).The new number to contact them is 08448735848. Fantastic services well worth the money. Thank you for the original post as this has saved me about £25.
  • ashellis
    ashellis Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    I managed to find this thread last week, and luckily I am also getting a new bin lid.

I sent my old broken one off to them last week, and I must say that they were very helpful on the phone, and when I asked if they needed a copy of my receipt from 5 years ago, she said no, just the bin lid as proof!!

I have put up with a lid that hasnt shut for over a year, but wanted to contact them as my baby is now toddling, so needed to get it sorted to stop him pulling the rubbish back out !!

5* service to Brabantia so far!!

Well worth paying the extra for their products in the first place, as their customer service is worth the extra cost!!
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    Any clues as to what this logo is meant to look like? Is it the word brabantia on the lid, behind the hinge, or is there something else I'm meant to be looking for?

It was from Fenwicks, not Robert Dyas, and cost far too much money to already be broken :o
  • sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    :o Yup, the logo would be the word brabantia :o

But, I have a postage label being emailed today, was told to wrap the lid in a bin bag & get Proof of Postind certificate, & the new bin lid will be with me soon. They are lovely. I might go & buy some more bins :D
  • horsenailbucket
    Options
    Thanks to OP, just had my new lid delivered yesterday. I got this without any receipt, bin was about 3 years old.

Brabantia - I will never buy from another supplier again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure