Brabantia

Options

Comments

• specialK
    specialK Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Finally..........the lid came today!
    :happyhear We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other.
    If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.
    --- Jeff Warner:happyhear
  • kathy_b_2
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread. I've just been googling "Brabantia spares" for a new bin lid and lo and behold look who's got the answer!

This website really has saved me a fortune over the years.
    Thanks guys.:T
  • texasgolfer77
    Options
    I know you can buy Brabantia bins and ironing products in the US at http://www.cornerone.com/vendor.cfm/2353,Brabantia%20Home%20Furnishings,MX1 and they have free shipping. The 10 year guarantee is applicable.
  • mpic
    Options
    I've been in contact with brabantia via email regarding a faulty lid and have had the same 'where is the logo response'. the bin is a brabantia bin but it has no logo... so what is the importance of the logo? :confused:

I'm now waiting. I'll post again when I have a final response.
  • mpic
    Options
    got my answer, apparently Bins without a BRABANTIA Logo are a 'Robert Dyas' only version which only comes with a 12 month warenty. Doh! ...
  • pottsy_79
    Options
    My parents have had their bin lid replaced twice, within 48 hours of ringing up the replacement was there!
    :beer:Proudly paying as little as possible for stuff since birth:beer:
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Emailed them yesterday to enquire about a new lid for my 5 year old bin as the catch had gone.
    They got back to me today asking about the logo etc and they will send me packaging to return my old lid soon:D

Very pleased, well done Brabantia:beer:
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • Christa1
    Christa1 Posts: 286 Forumite
    Options
    I don't understand the post about 'Robert Dyas' version of Brabantia they sell Brabantia the same as Amazon etc, only they all seem to now come with a 10 year guarantee rather than lifetime. Does this mean RD bins aren't actually Brabanti aso you don't get more than 1 yeara warranty?
  • christianjacobs
    Options
    Hi There. Robert Dyas bins was produced on behalf of Brabantia for Robert Dyas. For this reason they are Robert Dyas branded as they were sold in their stores around the U.K. If a problem does arise with the Lid of bin it is not covered under the 10 year Brabantia guarantee as the Logo is not visible on the bin. If a problem with a Robert Dyas bin appears I would recommend speaking to your nearest store to see where you stand.
  • gwen80
    gwen80 Posts: 2,252 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, I'm resurrecting an old thread here, but is this true? It is impressive if it is. My Brabantia kitchen bin has gone totally rusty. It has been washed, but only with washing up liquid (and if I'm honest not that often :o), so I don't understand why it's all rusted.

I might give this a try, although I hope it doesn't rust again.
    Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure