Brabantia

Options

Comments

• photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Have brabantia changed their gtee?

Older posts on here suggest a lifetime gtee, but newer posts suggest 10 years. ????

I have just bought one 50l for £25 and it states 10 years
  • DrFluffy
    DrFluffy Posts: 2,549 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Have brabantia changed their gtee?

Older posts on here suggest a lifetime gtee, but newer posts suggest 10 years. ????

I have just bought one 50l for £25 and it states 10 years

Don't think so - read the thread... Another poster asked and was told it's 10 years officially, but they basically will honour anything.
    April Grocery Challenge £81/£120
  • moggie14
    Options
    The guarantee on most bins and ironing tables is 10 years, for washing lines and postboxes it is 5 years.

Every single Brabantia product has their logo embossed on it - so if there is no logo it is not a geniune Brabantia product. That is why they ask where the logo is when you call customer services, as you do not necessarily have to provide a receipt!

Hope that helps!
    M
  • foolsgold99
    foolsgold99 Posts: 408 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The local rate customer services number is 08456024877.

Hope that this helps
  • bigsheep
    bigsheep Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    The catch sheared off on my 30L bin too and when I phoned I was asked a few questions about the bin and then told I would be sent a bag to put the old lid in which would be replaced by a new one, so it seems their replacement policy has slightly altered. They are welcome to the old bin lid though. Thanks to this forum and MSE for saving us the cost of replacement and otherwise expensive bin.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,090 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well it may have cost Brabantia a bit of money replacing bin lids, but if only a few of the 8000+ people who have read this thread invest in one of their products due to their fantastic guarantee and customer service, then the it's worth it. I'll certainly pick their brand over others when next buying something!

Just goes to show how a good customer service is sometimes more valuable and important than the product itself.

It's a shame many other companies can't take a leaf out of Brabantia's book and follow suit!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • posh*spice
    posh*spice Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    I love my Brabantia bin - had it for a decad and never had any problems with the lid:D
    Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.
  • Paulee
    Paulee Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    I phoned about some problems with decaying lines on one of their rotary dryers (that we had for several years), they replaced the line system immediately - excellent service!!!
  • bigsheep
    bigsheep Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Just to update you from the post of a week ago. Brabantia sent us a freepost label and asked us to wrap the old bin lid and post it to them. We did this on late Monday afternoon. We received the replacement lid today - a mere 3 days after we posted it! What wonderful service. It looks like a new bin. I highly recommend Brabantia and will look out for all their products from now on. Other companies take note.
  • specialK
    specialK Posts: 512 Forumite
    Options
    Sent my lid of on Thursday, it came today! Only my bin is matt and they sent me brilliant stainless steel :(
    Can't get through to them now!
    :happyhear We are not put on this earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other.
    If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.
    --- Jeff Warner:happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport