If not for my sister and her kids I'd have given it all up - but I'm still here!!!

Options
I'm struggling to function, never mind cope. I could happily go to sleep and never wake up. I feel awful and can't stand crying all the time but that's all I'm doing. I thought I should be getting on with things by now but I'm a total !!!! up.
Reality check - hit rock bottom on 15 Dec 2008 with unsecured debts of £29,136 and not enough money to live on

:j NOW DEBT FREE!!!! :j
:oI try to take life one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once :o

Comments

• claireabelle_2
    Options
    :grouphug: hugs hun... have you been to see your GP?
  • penguin83
    penguin83 Posts: 4,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Muppet - you are strong and you will get through this, huge hugs for you - PM me if you need someone to talk to. We are all here for you x x
    Pay Debt by Xmas 16 - 0/12000
    There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.
  • Mupeteer
    Mupeteer Posts: 955 Forumite
    Options
    There isn't much point in going to see my GP. I'm already on meds but they don't seem to be helping. I know I just need to work through it but the last time I felt this bad was when my mum died. I just want it all to stop. I'd rather feel nothing than feel like this.
    Reality check - hit rock bottom on 15 Dec 2008 with unsecured debts of £29,136 and not enough money to live on

:j NOW DEBT FREE!!!! :j
    :oI try to take life one day at a time but sometimes several days attack me at once :o
  • Gina_of_course!
    Options
    Hiya, I don't know what your story as to why you are feeling extra low at the moment but seeing your GP might not be a waste of time, try and write down how you are feeling and a bit of history over the past few weeks/months detailing how things have gotten worse. They maybe able to alter your meds or link you in with a CBT practitioner.

I know even making the list or appointment might seem too much at the moment, depression doesnt exactly make you want to do anything does it? however... if you think about it as being something that you can do, because you have done it before.. and bite the bullet... its a step forward...

I know the path you are on, its not a good one and one that a lot of people stumble onto .... I'm just coming off the path at the moment....
  • kk*_2
    kk*_2 Posts: 74 Forumite
    Options
    Hi hun, you dont know me but just wanted you to know that there are others out there thinking of you. a problem shared is a problem halved so if you ever need to chat just pm me.... its sometimes easier to discuss things with someone you dont know.

kk x
    £1190 - EGG, £1500- TSB, £2000 - BARCLAYCARD, [STRIKE]£4500[/STRIKE],£2100 - MBNA, [STRIKE]£900[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£500,[/STRIKE]. 0! - INLAWS!, £350 - NEXT, [STRIKE]£6000[/STRIKE],£4280 - BARCLAYS LOAN £900 - BARCLAYS OVERDRAFT, £1800 - OH BARCLAYS OVERDRAFT :eek:

Debt at LBM jun 08 - [STRIKE]£19140 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£18740[/STRIKE] FEB 09 £14120 OH DEAR
  • gettingbetter
    gettingbetter Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi mupet

just wanted to say hi again

we are all here for you. scream rant rave cry as much as you want
    it is better out than in

kas
    br no 188 ;) AD 17th apr 09:D
    :Dmortgage free 22/5/09:D
    :Ddebt free 11/8/09:D
    :j#18 £2 saver = £ :T sealed pot #333
    silent member of mikes mob
    i will lose weight :rolleyes: i will sort my house :o
  • frugallass
    frugallass Posts: 2,320 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mupeteer wrote: »
    There isn't much point in going to see my GP. I'm already on meds but they don't seem to be helping.

this is exactly why you should go back to the docs, otherwise how are they going to know whether the meds are working or not. Make an appointment tomorrow and, as already suggested, write your feelings down - include your physical symptoms as well as your psychological ones.

I take it you're on anti-depressants?
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Burlesque_Babe Posts: 17,547 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi Mupeteer, I'm so sorry you are still feeling so bad.

Have you talked about counselling to your GP? He/she should be able to refer to you someone who can help.

And you know we are all here as much as you need us.
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
  • Broken_hearted
    Broken_hearted Posts: 9,553 Forumite
    Options
    Mupeteer wrote: »
    I'm struggling to function, never mind cope. I could happily go to sleep and never wake up. I feel awful and can't stand crying all the time but that's all I'm doing. I thought I should be getting on with things by now but I'm a total !!!! up.
    Been there so many times just need the world to leave you alone as its all too much but over time the good days get more than the bad days. I'm so glad you have people in your life that make you happy and give you a reason to keep on fighting. Stay srong
    Barclaycard 3800

Nothing to do but hibernate till spring

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    hey sugar, you are my debt buddy!!! you can't give up I shan't let you.

so there.

what you are going through is hard. really hard. this feeling sad and being sick of it is normal, the ride out of a relationship is so difficult.

You have good days, and bad days, and then horrible days. you don't know what is round the corner, none of us do. but one thing is for sure good or bad nothing lasts forever. you wont always feel like this.

you really aren't alone, all these people here who care.

please psot again vent/rant all the crap you are feeling - pm if you like.

Love buffy
    xx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills