PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pizza Dough Recipes , Tips and Quick Questions

Options

Comments

• julie.pink
    julie.pink Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I will try using a little less water next time and also I bought a pizza stone a while ago which gave me quite good results but I found last nights pizza stuck to it like glue ( I preheated the stone) and I am still trying to remove it, so I will try the cold oven idea as well with the pizza stone and this may stop it sticking so much...:D
  • saving-grace
    saving-grace Posts: 284 Forumite
    Options
    I have a panasonic 253 and found that the pizza dough turned out sticky. Started adding a little more flour.
    Now I just use the recipe for white rolls ( page 37 in my booklet) and put it in on the pizza programme. I use a couple of tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter/marge.
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a panasonic 253 and found that the pizza dough turned out sticky. Started adding a little more flour.
    Now I just use the recipe for white rolls ( page 37 in my booklet) and put it in on the pizza programme. I use a couple of tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter/marge.

this is exactly what i found too, and the same solution !!
  • nearlynewbie
    nearlynewbie Posts: 179 Forumite
    Options
    I have a panasonic and use the 45 minute for pizza bases and rolls. I must admit that I do judge the dough by eye and add a litttel more flour/liquid as i see fit. It bakes great brown bread!
  • angie_loves_veg
    angie_loves_veg Posts: 1,484 Forumite
    Options
    I have this breadmaker but have always used a recipe I found in a book rather than the manual...... it makes a lovely pizza base (and garlic bread)

I collect recipe books, so I didn't think to look in the manual doh! (or should that be dough?!)
  • julie.pink
    Options
    :D Thanks to all for your advice, it really wasn't so bad after all, I have been plucking up courage for weeks to post on here but never had the courage - what a lovely friendly bunch of people.

Will try a pizza tomorrow, have another loaf of bread in at the moment - Weight watchers here I come:eek:
  • FZwanab
    FZwanab Posts: 472 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I have successfully trebled the ingredients to make 3 thick base pizzas in one go. I leave it in the breadmaker for about 1 hour afterwards to rise, then knock it out and roll it onto thin pizza trays. I was using the wrong yeast initally but now use doves farm quick yeast for bread machines.
    Penny xxx
    Old age isn't bad when you consider the alternative.
  • Squiggly_Diddly
    Squiggly_Diddly Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Julie.P - I'm so glad you asked that question as I had the same problem! I got my panasonic a few weeks ago, made a loaf of white bread ok (although the top crust was soft, not crusty...), and then thought I would do the pizza dough - which was sticky and ucky -I threw it out & used a packet mix quick instead!! So I was beginning to feel quite despondent & other than making a banana bread (recipe somewhere on one of these threads) haven't used it at all. I now feel inspired to have a go at using it again :-) Especially with 3 groups of 3 german students coming in between next fri & early September - brown bread rolls galore coming on...!!
    Live your life until love is found, or love's gonna get you down" (credit to Mika!):p

• julie.pink
    Options
    Hi Julie.P - I'm so glad you asked that question as I had the same problem! I got my panasonic a few weeks ago, made a loaf of white bread ok (although the top crust was soft, not crusty...), and then thought I would do the pizza dough - which was sticky and ucky -I threw it out & used a packet mix quick instead!! So I was beginning to feel quite despondent & other than making a banana bread (recipe somewhere on one of these threads) haven't used it at all. I now feel inspired to have a go at using it again :-) Especially with 3 groups of 3 german students coming in between next fri & early September - brown bread rolls galore coming on...!!

Hi Squiggly Diddly (love the name). I was so looking forward to my panasonic arriving you could say excited (I need to get out more:o). The bread worked really well and I was really pleased with it, but I was so disappointed with the pizza that it really depressed me (I need help). I am going to try a few suggestions from here at the weekend. By the way good luck with your German students, I am sure by the end of their stay they will be sick of looking at bread - I just want to keep making it, in fact I was up at 3 this morning (I had a loaf on timer) I couldn't resist taking a peek at it - fortunately everyone in our household is a heavy sleeper apart from me, because it was really noisy.
  • Burlesque_Babe
    Options
    I'm thinking of doing a pizza base garlic bread with dinner tonight and after thinking it through wondered whether I should par-cook the dough first before adding the garlic butter I'll be doing - will the base go soggy from the garlic butter as it melts onto 'raw' dough, or will be it be ok??:confused:
    :D"Stay Wonky":D

:j:jBecome Mrs Pepe 9 October 2012 :j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills