PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pizza Dough Recipes , Tips and Quick Questions

Options

Comments

• janetmw
    janetmw Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can make a scone type dough (savoury of course)

8oz SR flour
    2oz marg
    milk to mix
    Salt & Pepper
    Herbs etc (optional as the fancy takes)

Rub the marg into the dry ingredients. Mix together with milk to make a soft dough. Roll out and add toppings. Bake in a fairly hot oven (Gas Mark 7) until base cooked through and topping done.

Hope this helps

Janet
  • hot.chick
    hot.chick Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    would it come out crisp on the bottom or would it go soggy? Do youneed something proper to put it on? Do u need to pre heat the tray - would tht help?

I really think once I get the hang of these they will become a full on OS staple of mine - that will be fun to make with friends aswell...
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've got two of those pizza trays you can buy that have the holes in the bottom, they really do stop you getting a soggy base!
  • Mrs_Flittersnoop
    Options
    OK this is going to sound like a really stupid question, but - those of you who freeze pizza dough, how do you wrap it? I made some dough in my Panasonic but there was too much, so I wrapped it in floured cling film and froze it in a plastic bag. When I defrosted it, it was like glue! Stuck to everything like chewing gum, I very nearly decided it wasn't worth the effort and chucked it away, bag and all.

Any tips/advice? Thanks!
    Mrs Fx
  • Gingernutmeg
    Gingernutmeg Posts: 3,454 Forumite
    Options
    I just put mine in a freezer bag, squeeze as much air out of it as possible and then knot it. I normally take it out of the bag and put in a bowl with clingfilm over it when I want to defrost it, and I've never had a problem with it sticking ... I don't know much about breadmakers but it sounds like the dough was very sticky? Defrosting frozen dough does seem to make it a little damper, so maybe you could add a little bit less water?
  • Mrs_Flittersnoop
    Options
    Thanks, Gingernutmeg, yes the dough from the Panny is very sticky. I'll try it again and add more flour (or less water;) ). DS20 is on his way home from uni today (yay!) and he is the world's biggest pizza fan so I'll be winding up the breadmaker ready for his stay with us.

Thanks again!
    Mrs F x
  • dominiquereynolds
    Options
    Here is my home made sauce
    Makes enough for 3 pizzas

2 onions
    1 Bulb of garlic (10-12 cloves)
    2 tins plum tomatoes (do not use juice)
    Handful of Iceland frozen sliced Peppers
    1 Heaped tablespoon of Tomato Puree
    1 Tablespoon Tomato Sauce (ketchup)
    Teaspoon mixed herbs

• Put some olive oil in pan and gently fry until the onions, garlic and peppers until soft (around 20 minutes)
    • Add the plum tomatoes (no juice), mixed herbs, ketchup and continue to gently simmer for another 10 mins or so.

Wizz it all down in a blender.
  • julie.pink
    julie.pink Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site, well when I say new I have been browsing and reading your posts with great interest, and soaking up all your comments and good ideas.

I am a little shy when it comes to things like this so please be kind:o

I have just received my new breadmaker, I had a morphy richards and was really happy with it until I read everybody's glowing reports of the Panasonic, so I ordered one and it arrived yesterday:D (convinced my OH it was essential) - I have made bread which was gorgeous, but last night I made a pizza using the pizza dough recipe from the booklet and was really dissappointed, it was quite sticky and didn't really taste as good as the morphy richards recipe. Also the pizza dough setting on the panasonic is only 45 mins but the MR is about 1hour 45 mins, do you think 45mins is long enough.

If anybody has any hints and tips or recipes for me please I will be most grateful as will my three boys- bottomless pits - Also just to say I think this site is brilliant and I hardly get anything done these days, apart from clean with my stardrops, batch bake and cook, make bread and economise on almost anything, you could say I was becoming obsessed. My family already think I am obsessed with bread. Well must stop rambling and look forward to any comments .......Thanks:T
  • thriftmonster
    thriftmonster Posts: 1,714 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I find the 45 mins is fine - I make 2 bases out of the one recipe so they are quite thin and put them into a cold oven so they rise a little as the oven heats up. Other than that - you could try cutting down on the water a little and then sneak a look when it's kneading to see if it's too dry.
    “the princess jumped from the tower & she learned that she could fly all along. she never needed those wings.”
    Amanda Lovelace, The Princess Saves Herself in this One
  • Fivenations
    Fivenations Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    I have found that different flours absorb varying amounts of water so try using less. Whenever I use a new flour I peep to check the consistency is right. Also why not try your MR recipe?
    NSD 0/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family