PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pizza Dough Recipes , Tips and Quick Questions

Options

Comments

• squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I made pizza dough last night in my Panny.

I rolled it out and left it on the hob as I wouldn't have time to make them from scratch when I get in later.

Will they be okay? Or should I have cooked them straightaway? They seemed to have got quite big by this morning.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • cupid_s
    cupid_s Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    we always make pizza dough well in advance. Then when it expands we just roll it out before putting on topping.

i don't think there'll be any problems
  • pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So I didn't need to roll it before it expanded? Doh! Should I have kept it in the fridge overnight?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • Fivenations
    Options
    Bread dough often improves with being kept overnight in the fridge. And you dont need to let it rise after rolling out either.

This is making me hungry!
    NSD 0/15
  • cupid_s
    cupid_s Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    Options
    So I didn't need to roll it before it expanded? Doh! Should I have kept it in the fridge overnight?

no but a really quick roll over will get it nice and flat again
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can you freeze pizza dough? All the recipes I have are for huge amounts so wondered if it could be frozen :confused:

Thanks in advance :T

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I froze mine and it wasn`t all that nice,much better just to make it fresh IMHO
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    I've frozen mine with no ill effects before. I do it so I don't have to wait for the BM to do it's job if I need some quick :D
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for that - noted, I won't be freezing the stuff then. I must admit I managed to half the recipe amounts and it turned out fine. Never done fresh dough before and I have to say it was delicious, OH and DD loved them.

Thanks again. :A

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport