PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Options

Comments

• groatie_queen
    Options
    Savoury Baked Apples

I cored two eating apples, cut them into top halves and bottom halves, placed in deep moska pan with cut side up, dusted lightly with cajun spice, threw unsalted cashews and baby tomatoes around, and topped the apples with cheese.

Cooked in moska till apples were soft. Tomatoes and cashews added contrast of flavours and textures.

Yum yum.
    If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.

-- Brendan Francis

• shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »

It does stunning pastry-I made sage pastry and it came out soooo crispy mmm
    Oh and the lemon/almond buns are yummy :D ..

You were right - fantastic pastry, really crisp. Best steak pie I have done. Thank you.

What recipe did you use for the lemon/almond buns. Is it on this thread or from a recipe book?
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    :j i got an early birthday present from pixie and family yesterday of a standard Remoska :j cant wait to try it out
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    I've made yorkies in a silicone muffin mould(in the oven) for years and they've always risen.The only tips I can give is the fat has to be spitting hot and the oven the same.Only fill a third full because if you go to even half full they will be realy stodgy although crisp on top.The bottoms seem to not cook so well if there's slightly too much batter.They end up realy "Cakey" not nice.
    I'm going to try them in the remoska this weekend so I'll let you know how I get on.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Well, dinner went down well last night :T I roasted the boneless rolled shoulder of lamb in the morning in r.e.m.e (I find that roasting meat in advance and allowing to go cold means its easier to slice -so it goes further ;) ), then cut some potatoes with their skin on into about the size of dice and then last night I got the lamb fat hot in r.e.m.e then threw the raw potatoes and some seasoning in -they went lovely n chewy -for the last couple of minutes I just put the slices of lamb on top to heat through :D and steamed some veggies - Hubby declared it "absolutely scrummy" :j and we have lamb left that Im going to turn into a couple of pies ;)

Shopndrop -glad the pastry came out well :T -the lemon buns were an adaptation of a family recipe my mum does as big cakes ;)
    • 50g butter/marge -creamed with
    • 50g sugar -i just used granulated beat in
    • 1 egg then
    • 60g SR flour and
    • 30g ground almonds then add
    • juice and zest of 1 lemon and if you need to slacken it off
    • a drop of milk
    It made 6 nice sized buns that took about 20 mins in the standard-that given chance :rotfl: should keep in an airtight tin and actually get stickier and tastier after a few days
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mrs Mcawber - Will try the lemon buns later. Found some ground almonds in the back of the cupboard that are getting close to their best before date so will usefully use them up.

Twink - welcome to the Remoska board. Sure you will get lots of fun from your birthday pressie. Your hobnobs are superb when done in Moska.
  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    I've made yorkies in a silicone muffin mould(in the oven) for years and they've always risen.The only tips I can give is the fat has to be spitting hot and the oven the same.Only fill a third full because if you go to even half full they will be realy stodgy although crisp on top.The bottoms seem to not cook so well if there's slightly too much batter.They end up realy "Cakey" not nice.
    I'm going to try them in the remoska this weekend so I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks Mrs T - I look forward to hearing the result! I have already been looking at my metal muffin tin and eyeing the hacksaw....... would be great if it worked with the silicone one.
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options

I agree, I've just made some yorkies in my remoska in silicone muffin moulds and they turned out fine. As you say I think the secret is having the fat really hot (mine was smeaching) and not filling the moulds too much.

a545cb13.jpg
  • annie12
    annie12 Posts: 789 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree, I've just made some yorkies in my remoska in silicone muffin moulds and they turned out fine. As you say I think the secret is having the fat really hot (mine was smeaching) and not filling the moulds too much.

a545cb13.jpg
    Wow!! they look amazing!!
    Do you put the fat in the moulds in the moska first to heat up?
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options
    annie12 wrote: »
    Wow!! they look amazing!!
    Do you put the fat in the moulds in the moska first to heat up?

Yes I just put a little drop of oil in the bottom of the moulds, put the lid back on and left until the oil was really hot then poured in the mix.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure