PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Options

Comments

• champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Sorry Champys

I do like to cause confusion :o
    once you have weighed the flour and added the seasoning -set the scales to zero
    Then throw in the egg and pour in milk/water to take it up to 260g -(so the egg and liquid should weigh 260g in total)

I think thats makes sense-just shout me if it doesn't :rotfl:

Mrs M. thank you so much for your Yorkie recipe. I made it this evening, and as you said it came all the way up the sides and I could just take it out no problem. I had made cabbage rolls (in the pressure cooker) to go with it. My DH cut into the crispy crust. "THIS", he said, " is what Yorkshire pudding is supposed to be like".
    I'm so proud, it's made my day. Thanks again for sharing!
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    annie-c wrote: »
    The microfibre cloths are good for the inside as the wipe off cooking residue quickly and easily. For the outside I try to keep an eye and use a dry thick cloth during cooking (a wet cloth conducts heat from the element v quickly and can burn!)

The astonish paste leaves scour marks, not deep scratches but the stainless steel loses its shine. I have spoiled a small patch and don't want to do it again!

How about using steam, put boiling water in a dish, on the rack if you have one, and leave the remmy on for five minutes.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    champys wrote: »
    Mrs M. thank you so much for your Yorkie recipe. I made it this evening, and as you said it came all the way up the sides and I could just take it out no problem. I had made cabbage rolls (in the pressure cooker) to go with it. My DH cut into the crispy crust. "THIS", he said, " is what Yorkshire pudding is supposed to be like".
    I'm so proud, it's made my day. Thanks again for sharing!

:T So glad it worked for you too.. I always worry in case recipes I concoct got wrong and ruin folks dinners :p ...huge sigh of relief..

I did liver casserole in our today mmmmmmm
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • LouiseJ
    LouiseJ Posts: 11,156 Forumite
    Options
    How about using steam, put boiling water in a dish, on the rack if you have one, and leave the remmy on for five minutes.

Not sure how that could work for marks on the outside of the lid.

Mine was badly stained after roasting a joint of pork and lakeland replaced it free of charge............Now the new one is getting all marked and discoloured and as it is on the top of the cooker constantly I would like it to look nice.

I call mine MOZ by the way:D
    But these things take time, I know that I'm, the most inept that ever stepped.
  • Lephare
    Options
    I can't see where the problem is. I use Astonish, and 'Yes' there is some slight scratching, but the Remoska is a kitchen tool, not an ornament.
    I have all the money I shall ever need........... providing the world ends next Tuesday.
  • Lephare
    Options
    Used the Aluminium 4 litre pot I bought from Aldi and 'No Problems'. The fit was not quite as snug as I had hoped, 95/100, but the timings were the same, as was the results, 100%. The thicker gauge Aluminium also retains the heat a lot better than the original dish, but of course, takes slightly longer to heat up. Another plus is that it fits in the pot rack supplied, and with the glass lid you can serve straight to the table.

Hope this is useful.
    I have all the money I shall ever need........... providing the world ends next Tuesday.
  • champys
    champys Posts: 1,101 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    :T So glad it worked for you too.. I always worry in case recipes I concoct got wrong and ruin folks dinners :p ...huge sigh of relief..

I did liver casserole in our today mmmmmmm

Encouraged by this success, I will proceed to find out whether this Yorkie mixture also works for small ones (in silicone muffin cups) and for toad in the hole. Have you tried this too, Mrs M?
    "Remember that many of the things you have now you could once only dream of" - Epicurus
  • annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Options
    I had a huge failure using a six cup silicone tray for yorkies. They only half rose and so were suet-puddingy in texture. I wasn't sure whether the problem was with batter or whether silicone just doesn't conduct heat well enough when in the Remoska. Haven't tried again yet but would be interested to hear from your experience champys :)
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Champys

I haven't tried it in silicone cups.. I have a thing about the fat needing to get really hot and I have never been sure that silicone will transfer heat like metal :confused: ... I have some silicon muffin cases -so I might give it a bash next time I do yorkies -hubby will stil eat them even if they are a bit flat -so It won't be a waste :D

I will report back when I have tried it :p

r.e.m.e has roast a boneless, rolled shoulder of lamb joint this morning -about 900g in weight.. about 1 hr 30 mins from frozen -so I will let you know how that tastes when we have dinner tonight , and now it has bread in -again :rotfl:

Just seen annie-c post.. seems we think the same-silicone doesn't conduct heat the same.. so if I use the same recipe as when I do it straight into the pan then we will know if its the silicone to blame
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    annie-c wrote: »
    I had a huge failure using a six cup silicone tray for yorkies. They only half rose and so were suet-puddingy in texture. I wasn't sure whether the problem was with batter or whether silicone just doesn't conduct heat well enough when in the Remoska. Haven't tried again yet but would be interested to hear from your experience champys :)

My yorkies have always been pretty good but I have NEVER achieved this in the Remoska, so only use frozen ones now in there. When I cook a big roast in the oven I make extra Yorkies and freeze them.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts