PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Options

Comments

• Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Hi Champys

I haven't tried it in silicone cups.. I have a thing about the fat needing to get really hot and I have never been sure that silicone will transfer heat like metal :confused: ... I have some silicon muffin cases -so I might give it a bash next time I do yorkies -hubby will stil eat them even if they are a bit flat -so It won't be a waste :D

I've always read that Yorkshire pudding has to be made in a metal dish.
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Made my first batch of bread rolls earlier in the week and they were great. Left them in Moska for about 25 mins as various people had said on here. Now about to try my first loaf - roughly how long does a loaf take? Presume quite a bit longer than the rolls but not sure.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Shopndrop, I do my bread in 2x 400g cakes in the standard remoska and it takes about 40 mins, i then turn it over and do its bottom for 5 mins :D

Well I have just taken 6 lemon and almond sponge "muffins" out of r.e.m.e .. just waiting for them to cool enough to try :rotfl: .. It was my 1st time using my silicone muffin cases, and even though I ignored the "grease when using for 1st time" written on the box.... they haven't stuck :T
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • shopndrop
    Options
    Thanks Mrs Mcawber. Just done mine for about 40 mins in the Grande and turned it over for about 10 mins, 5 mins didn't seem enough - just waiting for it to cool now. Have done some more bread rolls today which we had with HM soup at lunchtime and also made a lemon cake which we have just sampled as mum and dad popped in so had to try the cake with our cuppa. Delicious!

Will be doing steak pie tonight with left over meat from yesterday. Will be the first time I have tried a meat pie so fingers crossed.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    Options
    Shopndrop

It does stunning pastry-I made sage pastry and it came out soooo crispy mmm
    Oh and the lemon/almond buns are yummy :D .. well I had to try 1 -oh Ok 2 for research purposes :p

I have just thrown some diced potatoes (about 1cm cubes) into the lamb fat to roast for dinner :D

now over 5 weeks I think and still not switched my gas oven on :j
  • Muppet81
    Muppet81 Posts: 951 Forumite
    Options
    Chocolate Brownies from the Be-ro book. Scrummy!
    Done in the shallow pan as suggested by a previous poster (apologies I can't recall who ... but thanks)
    Thank you for this site :jNow OH and I are both retired, MSE is a Godsend
  • shopndrop
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Shopndrop

It does stunning pastry-I made sage pastry and it came out soooo crispy mmm
    Oh and the lemon/almond buns are yummy :D .. well I had to try 1 -oh Ok 2 for research purposes :p

I have just thrown some diced potatoes (about 1cm cubes) into the lamb fat to roast for dinner :D

now over 5 weeks I think and still not switched my gas oven on :j

When you have cooked pastry. do you use the rack or a shallow base or just use the deep base?

Pots for tonight's dinner sound good.

Well done for not switching your gas oven on. I have had my electric one on a few times (when we have had visitors and I have been cooking more than I can get in the Moska) but it is definitely noticeable on the meter readings for the days that I have had to use my electric oven.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    Options
    Hi there

I only have the standard -I made my pies in a victoria sponge tins (pastry top + bottom) and stuck it in the deep pan.. and it came out lovely
  • Craftyscholar
    Options
    Tea tonight was lorne sausage and a 'fried' egg. Can't believe how well the egg cooked.
  • westcountrymaid_2
    Options
    My Remoska cook book arrived today and It looks really good, much bigger than I imagined it would be and some lovely recipes in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure