PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Remoska cookers (merged)

Options

Comments

• annie-c
    annie-c Posts: 2,542 Forumite
    Options
    Some are used, sold by people who no longer want them. But there is at least one person selling new ones regularly.

I guess Lakeland don't count ebay as a retail outlet.

I saw this seller. I noticed s/he also sells other Lakeland products so I suspect there may be something vaguely dodgy going on. :confused:
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    annie-c wrote: »
    I saw this seller. I noticed s/he also sells other Lakeland products so I suspect there may be something vaguely dodgy going on. :confused:

fell off the back of a lorry, as we used to say, i suspect!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • geordie_joe
    geordie_joe Posts: 9,112 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rach wrote: »
    fell off the back of a lorry, as we used to say, i suspect!

That'll explain why some are dented when they arrive :rotfl:
  • shopndrop
    shopndrop Posts: 3,548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    champys wrote: »
    hmm yes, I have been rather in denial about this too, thinking I will deal with cleaning the lid later! There will be a moment when I have to face the facts i.e. when I cannot see through the glass window anymore. Advice very welcome.

Another one here wondering how you all clean the lid. When I asked in Lakeland they recommended a yellow cloth which wouldn't scratch but is absolutely useless and a complete waste of money.
  • annie-c
    Options
    I used the astonish paste on the first mark on the stainless steel lid and it brought it off but left scour marks. Now I'm waiting to see if anyone has any gentler ways to remove marks before having another go..... :(
  • shopndrop
    Options
    Has anyone else asked Lakeland if they can suggest anything else? I didn't actually find them very helpful when I asked.
  • Lephare
    Options
    I wandered into Aldi today and see they are selling a 4 litre Cast Aluminium cooking pot for £12.99. The 24cm fits with the Ramoska Std. element (I tried it), is triple coated non-stick, has a glass (non oven safe) lid. Can't tell you how it bakes yet. That will be tested tomorrow.

Would be interested to see what other users think of it.
    (I have no connection with the Store)
    I have all the money I shall ever need........... providing the world ends next Tuesday.
  • annie-c
    Options
    shopndrop wrote: »
    Has anyone else asked Lakeland if they can suggest anything else? I didn't actually find them very helpful when I asked.

Someone from Lakeland (Adrian) has already posted on this thread recommending Astonish paste (which scours) or a microfibre cloth (which is good on a new splash but not on a baked on one).
  • shopndrop
    Options
    annie-c wrote: »
    Someone from Lakeland (Adrian) has already posted on this thread recommending Astonish paste (which scours) or a microfibre cloth (which is good on a new splash but not on a baked on one).

Does the Astonish paste "scratch" the surface? Has anyone tried it?

I have also found the microfibre cloth to be quite poor. An ordinary damp cloth will also clean off a new splash. What I want to clean off are the baked on ones which cannot be wiped off when new as they occur during cooking when the Moska is too hot to wipe.
  • annie-c
    Options
    shopndrop wrote: »
    Does the Astonish paste "scratch" the surface? Has anyone tried it?

I have also found the microfibre cloth to be quite poor. An ordinary damp cloth will also clean off a new splash. What I want to clean off are the baked on ones which cannot be wiped off when new as they occur during cooking when the Moska is too hot to wipe.

The microfibre cloths are good for the inside as the wipe off cooking residue quickly and easily. For the outside I try to keep an eye and use a dry thick cloth during cooking (a wet cloth conducts heat from the element v quickly and can burn!)

The astonish paste leaves scour marks, not deep scratches but the stainless steel loses its shine. I have spoiled a small patch and don't want to do it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure