Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    TiTheRev wrote: »
    You're always picking holes in peoples posts, no wonder everyone picks on you ;) :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's just that most people think it is Reylon, so you have to search both, otherwise you won't find the posts.
  • ITtim
    ITtim Posts: 437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It's just that most people think it is Reylon, so you have to search both, otherwise you won't find the posts.

To be fair i think i typed it wrong the first time (i did edit my post though! :o)
    kicking squealing gucci little piggy.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    ITtim wrote: »
    this bed, £275 on ebay from the same company

http://www.bestpricebeds.co.uk/product_display.asp?id=2665

Thanks
    Tim

This appears to be the reflex foam encapsulated pocket spring type of mattress. These are cheaper than the usual type, and contain much smaller pocket springs than usual. I'm not saying that it won't be any good, but it is definately entry level.

I notice that unusually they have used a normal damask cover instead of the usual 4 way stretch knitted fabric that allows the memory foam to mould to your body instead of the fabric pulling tight.

It doesn't say on either site, so make sure you ask the density of the memory foam.

The depth of the memory foam is good at 50mm.

Don't let the 5 year guarantee sway your decision. If there was a fault on any quality mattress with 5 years then they would either have to replace it or repair it at a cost on a sliding scale (even if the guarantee was only 12 months).

You know my views on it being non turn. However at £275 it's not a bad price.
  • ITtim
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    This appears to be the reflex foam encapsulated pocket spring type of mattress. These are cheaper than the usual type, and contain much smaller pocket springs than usual. I'm not saying that it won't be any good, but it is definately entry level.

I notice that unusually they have used a normal damask cover instead of the usual 4 way stretch knitted fabric that allows the memory foam to mould to your body instead of the fabric pulling tight.

It doesn't say on either site, so make sure you ask the density of the memory foam.

The depth of the memory foam is good at 50mm.

Don't let the 5 year guarantee sway your decision. If there was a fault on any quality mattress with 5 years then they would either have to replace it or repair it at a cost on a sliding scale (even if the guarantee was only 12 months).

You know my views on it being non turn. However at £275 it's not a bad price.

Thanks Tim, I did ask about the foam, apparently its not reflex but proper memory foam -

This is what they said when i asked them

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]it is Memory Foam , 50mm Thick , Memory Foam and Reflex Foam are Very different , Reflex foam is hard and Not Supportive like Memory Foam."[/FONT]
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    ITtim wrote: »
    Thanks Tim, I did ask about the foam, apparently its not reflex but proper memory foam -

This is what they said when i asked them

"[FONT=arial,sans-serif]it is Memory Foam , 50mm Thick , Memory Foam and Reflex Foam are Very different , Reflex foam is hard and Not Supportive like Memory Foam."[/FONT]

It sounds like they don't know much about the products they sell:

The springs are surrounded by reflex foam to stop them falling over like dominoes. The memory foam is then on top to mould to the contours of your body. What you need to know off them is the density of the memory foam.

In the higher spec pocket sprung/memory foam mattresses they tend to use hand tufting and internal ties to support the springs.
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    Tim, quick question.

My new mattress has a fairly hard ridge at the side of the mattress, presumably to support the sides of the mattress, but it digs into my shin as a climb into bed. Is this normal, or a manufacturing error?
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • ITtim
    Options
    apparently relyon say the density is 45gram. Is that any good?
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    Is that the salesman's density or the mattress?! :rolleyes: ;)
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • ITtim
    Options
    Is that the salesman's density or the mattress?! :rolleyes: ;)

I wouldn't like to speculate ;)
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Tim, quick question.

My new mattress has a fairly hard ridge at the side of the mattress, presumably to support the sides of the mattress, but it digs into my shin as a climb into bed. Is this normal, or a manufacturing error?

I shouldn't think it's a manufacturing error. What model mattress is it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure