Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options
1365366367368369371»

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    Oh and Tim you said you NEVER criticise another company. Let me bring you back to an email you sent to me earlier in the year doing the complete opposite when I asked if you would match a competitor's prices...

From: [EMAIL="sales@bedlumbeds.co.uk"]sales@bedlumbeds.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    To: XXX
    Subject: RE: Contact Form From Web Site
    Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 01:09:20 +0100

Hi XXX.

XXX are obviously grasping at straws to get sales. They were previously told that under no circumstances would they undercut us.

Last I heard La Romantica were going to stop selling to XXX due to their dirty tactics. In fact they have only ever sold a few to them all together. It shows what they are like when they even stole that photo from my web site.

To be honest I’m not interested in getting into a price war with a retailer who is obviously getting desperate. That is how companies go bust...

Regards
    Tim

That was a personal e-mail to you, and was refering to dirty tricks by an ex employee of Bedkingdom, and was actually true at the time. And I actually said I don't criticise other sellers on MSE, so get your facts right, and stop being a TROLL.

I have spoken to Ashley at Bedkingdom, and he was horrified about the things you were saying about me on MSE. And e-mailed me personally to say that it was all down to you, and that he didn't ask you to say such things.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    That is libelous, and is completely against forum rules. I don't sell beds while on duty, and you have no evidence to say that I do.

You were happt to take my advice and bought a mattress that matched with the spec that I recommended (not from me), and went on to tell everyone how happy you were with the advice I gave you, and the mattress you bought.

You even tried playing me off against Bedkingdom, trying to get me to price match. But like I said I'm not on here to sell, and I'm not that desperate to get into a price war. You even tried to bribe me into giving you a discount by abusing your authority for your own gains and publicising us in your local magazine you work for.

You then went on to publicise Bedkingdom on MSE because they did give you a discount.

You should get your facts right because there are loads of companies who sell the mattresses in question. In fact more and more are contacting the manufacturer to sell them.

I was told by mollymo that they couldn't understand what you were up to because you were trying to look like the peace maker in the forum, but were then slating me in PM's.

Tim - you are EXTREMELY ignorant.
    • What did I say that is libelous? Please let me know my exact words that fall in to this category??!?!?
    • Yes I contacted various companies to find the company offering the BEST PRICE!!
    • Err no there arent many company who sell the mattresses you recommend!
    • Tried to bribe you? I would say that is libelous! The company you state "I work for" is a company I OWN!!! :rotfl:So how can I abuse my authority? You really are an ignorant and rude chap Tim...
    • Yes I did go on the publicise the company that gave me a discount because they didnt slag off a competitor, gave me free delivery and better prices than your company!!!
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    That was a personal e-mail to you, and was refering to dirty tricks by an ex employee of Bedkingdom, and was actually true at the time. And I actually said I don't criticise other sellers on MSE, so get your facts right, and stop being a TROLL.

I have spoken to Ashley at Bedkingdom, and he was horrified about the things you were saying about me on MSE. And e-mailed me personally to say that it was all down to you, and that he didn't ask you to say such things.

I have not said anything factually incorrect! Why am I being a Troll? Whatever one of those is? Criticising your company because I found you rude, arrogant, more expensive than your competitors and didn't like you slagging off a company makes me bad? Well tough, I am allowed my opinion just like you are. Nothing I have stated is made up.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This thread should be for members to find information and help to purchase a bed mattress. I appeal to everyone to stop the quarrelling now.

I have reported this thread to the abuse team.

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    Tim - you are EXTREMELY ignorant.
    • What did I say that is libelous? Please let me know my exact words that fall in to this category??!?!?
    You accused me of selling beds while on duty. This is a complete lie that is intended purely as a slander on my good nature, and couldn't possibly have anything to do with any advice that I give here in my own time.
    • Yes I contacted various companies to find the company offering the BEST PRICE!!
    • Err no there arent many company who sell the mattresses you recommend!
    Well your search skill need some work on them because there are loads who sell them. There are also a few companies who manufacture them.
    • Tried to bribe you? I would say that is libelous! The company you state "I work for" is a company I OWN!!! :rotfl:So how can I abuse my authority? You really are an ignorant and rude chap Tim...
    It's only libelous if it isn't true, but I have the e-mails from you to prove it. It doesn't matter if you own the company, it is still an abuse of your position. I bet you wouldn't tell your readers that you got a discount on a mattress so that you would promote it?
    I bed the advertising standards board wouldn't see it that way.
    • Yes I did go on the publicise the company that gave me a discount because they didnt slag off a competitor, gave me free delivery and better prices than your company!!!

You publicised them on MSE which is against the firum rules because you received personal gain from it. This means that you have lost all credibility in this thread.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    BedKingdom wrote: »
    Please do not direct any more comments towards bedkingdom.co.uk or any of its associated brands. Please note, Vjay is a valued customer of ours and we would never release any information or discredit him in any way. Any claims otherwise are slanderous and will not be tolerated. Additionaly, any person or company that attempts to discredit our company with malicious and unfounded facts (as shown above in an earlier post) will have to face the prospect of immediate legal action. Just to reiterate, the alleged phone call never took place between Ashley Hainsworth or any other bedkingdom representative including myself.

Who said anything about a phone call?

It was via e-mails, and I have them all as proof.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will close the thead until the abuse team have a chance to read the recent posts.

I am disappointed that the argument continues, despite my polite request for it to stop.

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure