Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• BaileyB
    BaileyB Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Guys might be able to get this one for £100 as a family friend has bought it but they are now moving. It's brand new and unused. (There is no way i would buy a 2nd hand one lol)

http://www.helibeds.co.uk/product.php?xProd=132 RRP is £539
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    With all the bickering and questioning of improper actions on this thread, I think this thread needs a little mattress humour!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8179520.stm
  • Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    BaileyB wrote: »
    Guys might be able to get this one for £100 as a family friend has bought it but they are now moving. It's brand new and unused. (There is no way i would buy a 2nd hand one lol)

http://www.helibeds.co.uk/product.php?xProd=132 RRP is £539

Where would you get it for £100??

With the specification you shouldn't pay over £150 for it anyway.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    With all the bickering and questioning of improper actions on this thread, I think this thread needs a little mattress humour!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8179520.stm

Nice one :T.

I hope they weren't customers mattresses.
  • Midnight_Tboy
    Options
    no doubt Frugaloodle is scouring every sector of ebay to find new mattresses with collection option to prove another point to Tim :)
  • e102gamma
    e102gamma Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    What would your verdict be on the quality of the mattresses used in that video Tim? :D
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    e102gamma wrote: »
    What would your verdict be on the quality of the mattresses used in that video Tim? :D

Don't know about the mattress quality, but the bags are probably split now, so they will be dirty :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mollymo_2
    mollymo_2 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    no doubt Frugaloodle is scouring every sector of ebay to find new mattresses with collection option to prove another point to Tim :)

If Tim would prove some of his points, or 'claims'. There would be no reason to...

For example, the questions about his relationship with the Which? guide. He has ignored this 3 times... :rolleyes:

You simply can't 'weigh in' to arguments telling all they are 'wrong' and citing your credentials as an 'expert' without some sort of independent back up. What you will find (if you read back through the thread) is that Tim uses the Which? guide test reports to support his own arguments.

When however they don't suit a particular argument he wants to 'win', he tells us Which? are wrong, and literally gives the impression that he is some sort of consultant to them when it comes to beds - as they're 'not really experts in any field' (HIS WORDS)... :rolleyes:

They however inform me that they purchase a range of items when testing any product type, and reported their findings - the test criteria is set by the most INDEPENDENT authoritative trade body or organisation in the respective product field. More importantly, they have an international brand and business that everyone recognises, and years of experience to support their credentials.

This is exactly why I find it preposterous they are consulting a full time fire man that has an eBay shop and a website selling beds... And this is exactly why I have a problem with this - as people not having read the entire thread could have been CONNED into thinking otherwise!!!

If you missed the point, read back through the thread in full, as this is the only way in which to offer any informed or intelligent comment on the contentious points people have made regarding this apparent 'expert' advice.

From my point of view, if 'expert A' (working at a bed shop) tells you one thing, and 'expert b' (that turns out to own a bed shop but has a full time job as a fire man???) tells you another. Then how do you tell who is telling the truth, as they clearly both have something to gain...

I am a keen and competent gardener. But I'm not an 'expert' horticulturist. I am competent, and have experience. If however I was good enough, this is what I would make my living from, exclusively...

I know several successful businessman, and I know that none of them have a full time job as well. Why would they? As they are successful in their own field, and are far too busy for another job - or to spend hours posting on sites such as this.

From my own point of view - something stinks about Tim Deegan. There are just too many inconsistencies and contradictions with what he says.

And I'm not a troll, paranoid, or making 'slanderous' accusations.

I have simply taken the time to read this thread in it's entirety, and my thoughts result exclusively from his own comments and previous posts. So they are either 'facts', or if someone is making things up, it can only be him - as my judgement / opinion/ findings come entirely from HIS OWN WORDS...

So, for the record, this isn't a 'personal attack', simply my own conclusion to the inconsistent 'pick and choose' nature of Tim Deegans previous posts.(If others read and find otherwise - this is equally their own choice / perspective)

To get this thread back on topic, has anyone used the healthbeds mattress - as I am about to buy one. (For the record, Tim never managed to provide any 'expert' advice on this - and all along I thought this was what this site was for...) :money:

Mo
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    mollymo wrote: »
    If Tim would prove some of his points, or 'claims'. There would be no reason to...

For example, the questions about his relationship with the Which? guide. He has ignored this 3 times... :rolleyes:

You simply can't 'weigh in' to arguments telling all they are 'wrong' and citing your credentials as an 'expert' without some sort of independent back up. What you will find (if you read back through the thread) is that Tim uses the Which? guide test reports to support his own arguments.

When however they don't suit a particular argument he wants to 'win', he tells us Which? are wrong, and literally gives the impression that he is some sort of consultant to them when it comes to beds - as they're 'not really experts in any field' (HIS WORDS)... :rolleyes:

They however inform me that they purchase a range of items when testing any product type, and reported their findings - the test criteria is set by the most INDEPENDENT authoritative trade body or organisation in the respective product field. More importantly, they have an international brand and business that everyone recognises, and years of experience to support their credentials.

This is exactly why I find it preposterous they are consulting a full time fire man that has an eBay shop and a website selling beds... And this is exactly why I have a problem with this - as people not having read the entire thread could have been CONNED into thinking otherwise!!!

If you missed the point, read back through the thread in full, as this is the only way in which to offer any informed or intelligent comment on the contentious points people have made regarding this apparent 'expert' advice.

From my point of view, if 'expert A' (working at a bed shop) tells you one thing, and 'expert b' (that turns out to own a bed shop but has a full time job as a fire man???) tells you another. Then how do you tell who is telling the truth, as they clearly both have something to gain...

I am a keen and competent gardener. But I'm not an 'expert' horticulturist. I am competent, and have experience. If however I was good enough, this is what I would make my living from, exclusively...

I know several successful businessman, and I know that none of them have a full time job as well. Why would they? As they are successful in their own field, and are far too busy for another job - or to spend hours posting on sites such as this.

From my own point of view - something stinks about Tim Deegan. There are just too many inconsistencies and contradictions with what he says.

And I'm not a troll, paranoid, or making 'slanderous' accusations.

I have simply taken the time to read this thread in it's entirety, and my thoughts result exclusively from his own comments and previous posts. So they are either 'facts', or if someone is making things up, it can only be him - as my judgement / opinion/ findings come entirely from HIS OWN WORDS...

So, for the record, this isn't a 'personal attack', simply my own conclusion to the inconsistent 'pick and choose' nature of Tim Deegans previous posts.(If others read and find otherwise - this is equally their own choice / perspective)

To get this thread back on topic, has anyone used the healthbeds mattress - as I am about to buy one. (For the record, Tim never managed to provide any 'expert' advice on this - and all along I thought this was what this site was for...) :money:

Mo

It is starting to look like you are only on here to try and discredit me. If you didn't make insulting remarks then I would be happy to answer all your questions, as I allways honestly answer them.

You know nothing about me, yet you spen a great deal of time and trouble trying to discredit me.

I have helped 100's of people on here of which very few have bought from me, as I'm not on here to sell (otherwise I wouldn't give advice in threads that there is no way I could benefit from). So don't make slanderous remarks about someone who you know nothing about. As this is against forum rules.

It's starting to look more and more like you are connected to a retailer who doesn't like me telling people the truth.

Now this thread is for people to ask and give advice about mattresses, and not for you to be a TROLL and cause trouble. So let this thread get back on track unless you have something constructive to say.

If you want to know more about me then a friendly phone call would be all it takes.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    It is starting to look like you are only on here to try and discredit me. If you didn't make insulting remarks then I would be happy to answer all your questions, as I allways honestly answer them.

You know nothing about me, yet you spen a great deal of time and trouble trying to discredit me.

I have helped 100's of people on here of which very few have bought from me, as I'm not on here to sell (otherwise I wouldn't give advice in threads that there is no way I could benefit from). So don't make slanderous remarks about someone who you know nothing about. As this is against forum rules.

It's starting to look more and more like you are connected to a retailer who doesn't like me telling people the truth.

Now this thread is for people to ask and give advice about mattresses, and not for you to be a TROLL and cause trouble. So let this thread get back on track unless you have something constructive to say.

If you want to know more about me then a friendly phone call would be all it takes.

Why don't you both PM each other, have a respectful chat on the phone, thrash this out (without getting too Max Mosley on us :rolleyes::D)and report back!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure