Which mattress? (merged threads)

Options

Comments

• Tim_Deegan
    Tim_Deegan Posts: 6,027 Forumite
    Options
    jakejenson wrote: »
    The sa didn't know how much memory foam was in them she gave me the names of the mattresses and told me to research them on the internet. I can't find any info on either of them though tried goggle & ask. Does anyone know if Staples have a website?

This is the Staples web site http://www.myersbeds.co.uk/sthome.html Yes I know it says Myers, they are the same company.

You will find that there is very little information on their site about individual products.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    mutty_hc wrote: »
    I'm after a bed and mattress and have a £500 budget. I've been reading this thread a lot and it seems a memory/open coil may be better to go for in my price range than a pocket sprung? Because it'd be the high end of open coil over the low/mid end of pocket? Also is it better to go for a bed frame with a sprung slat base over flat slats? Cheers.

Yes you probably would be better off going for a high end open coil sprung rather than an entry level pocket sprung. Especially as you are looking at beds with slatted bases.

As far as sprung slats go, they are often more expensive that rigid slats, but give a slightly softer feel.
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    taffykins wrote: »

The price looks good, but I'd check out the seller a bit more. They don't appear to have any feedback from bed sales, and most of the feedback they do have is private. Try asking their previous customers.
  • taffykins
    Options
    Do you know much about the make though Kozee Sleep - what's their quality like? Also do you kow about this particular bed - the duchess?

It's actually cheaper here with free delivery:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Duchess-Pocket-Sprung-single-divan-bed-PURE-LUXURY_W0QQitemZ310068446402QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310068446402&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks,
    Taff
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    Tim_Deegan wrote: »
    "MATTRESS - 1254 Hand Nested Pocketed Springs, individually encased in their fabric pockets in a honeycomb arrangement allowing them to respond to every movement and conform to the contours of the body. - 2 Firmness Tensions:- Firm or Medium. A choice of firmness to suit personal requirements. - Combed Fleece Wool giving a supremely luxurious upholstery layer . - Superfine Cotton Felt helping you to feel cool in summer and warm in winter. - Cotton Felt enabling long lasting resilience. - 2 Rows of Hand Side Stitching which secures the borders to the spring unit providing a firmer edge and prolonging the life of the mattress. - Wool Tufts which are an important feature essential for securing the generous quantities of loose laid upholstery."

Looks like it is supposed to be like that.
    Good to know, thanks Tim :money:
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • TiTheRev
    TiTheRev Posts: 3,215 Forumite
    Options
    taffykins wrote: »
    Do you know much about the make though Kozee Sleep - what's their quality like? Also do you kow about this particular bed - the duchess?

It's actually cheaper here with free delivery:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Duchess-Pocket-Sprung-single-divan-bed-PURE-LUXURY_W0QQitemZ310068446402QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310068446402&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks,
    Taff
    Tim sells this brand, so wont be able to comment directly due to forum rules. It should be fine, but like Tim says, check the seller out just in case.
    :A Luke 6:38 :A
    The above post is either from personal experience or is my opinion based on the person God has made me and the way I understand things. Please don't be offended if that opinion differs from yours, but feel free to click the 'Thanks' button if it's at all helpful!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The ad states all beds are new.
    They also state 100% satisfaction guaranteed and offer to pricematch.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 431 Forumite
    Options
    Currently have a king size slumberland silver seal 2400 bed about 8 to 10 years old, the side of the mattress has given way, not sure whether to buy new mattress or new bed, the base is sprung edged and as new, a new mattress is about £400.
    This is the most comfortable bed we have ever had so do not wanna make a mistake with a new one, that turns out to be uncomfortable, also not sure if slumberland are still the same quality as they used to be, understand they were bought out about 10 months ago....any ideas gratefully recieved.cheers
    sanfly
  • Tim_Deegan
    Options
    sanfly wrote: »
    Currently have a king size slumberland silver seal 2400 bed about 8 to 10 years old, the side of the mattress has given way, not sure whether to buy new mattress or new bed, the base is sprung edged and as new, a new mattress is about £400.
    This is the most comfortable bed we have ever had so do not wanna make a mistake with a new one, that turns out to be uncomfortable, also not sure if slumberland are still the same quality as they used to be, understand they were bought out about 10 months ago....any ideas gratefully recieved.cheers

Try taking the mattress off the base then looking across the top of the base (top of the base at eye level). Also slide your hand over the top of the base. If there are any dips or any places where you can easily feel the springs then you might as well replace it.

I'm not sure if Slumberland's quality is the same as it was 10 years ago. Some other big brands have dropped their quality. Slumberland is now owned by the Hilding Anders group who also own Myers and Staples. I have noticed more complaints recently about Myers, but they seem to be keeping Staples as their quality bed company. So it all depends on where they see Slumberland in their group. If they are going to be the lower end of the three, then you might be better off shopping around again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure