Starting to Save! - Newbie.

Options

Comments

• NickiM
    NickiM Posts: 712 Forumite
    Options
    Yay! It is amazing what you can sell things for.

The hamper sounds lovely - you're doing an excellent job.

I only have one job today - PACK!
  • Cinny91
    Cinny91 Posts: 6,022 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I had to add something nice to the bottom of my list just so I do all the other jobs to get to it. And french fancies are very nice!! Not looking forward to going into town, it's all cold and the fog doesn't seem to be lifting. Might talk frank into stopping off at the post office on the way to ikea tomorrow. Have fun packing!!
  • NickiM
    Options
    Foggy here too! Don't think I have to go out today though
  • Cinny91
    Options
    It's just starting to clear up over here now. I couldn't even see across the street this morning!

Ordered 4 christmas presents this morning (as you can tell I work very hard!) 2 things off amazon for frank (only 3 presents to go for him now!) and one for my sisters boyfriend and my brothers girlfriend!

Then a trip to ikea tomorrow for a new chair, Franks big backside broke mine :rotfl: I find it hilarious but him, not so much. and getting a couple fleece blankets while i'm there. not going to be a MSE week this week.
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    heya
    sorry I havent been around much - I don't have the internet yet in my new house so can only go on when I pop to the pub and then I have to buy something to use the web so non mse and all that!
    You sound like you're doing really well - whats the savings balance atm?
    I opened one of those a&l accounts and I don't actually know how to see it online but I think it has £250 in it!!
    Had my last pay cheque for a while yesterday - havent seen my payslip yet but I think I got my holiday pay that I had earnt added on which I didnt even think I could get - but thats free cash lol!!
    So I have about £250 out of the £600 I need, not going so well :( but hey.. I'll just be late I think with his present. it doesnt matter really :cool:
    They sell some wicked cheap fabric at Ikea btw - don't forget to look!!!
  • NickiM
    Options
    I have an A+L account tinkerbel, and then send you your internet pin and things in the post. It takes about a week to get everything :)

I am going to Ikea tomorrow! It seems like an Ikea day...cheap fabric sounds nice!
  • tinkerbel
    tinkerbel Posts: 1,795 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NickiM wrote: »
    I have an A+L account tinkerbel, and then send you your internet pin and things in the post. It takes about a week to get everything :)

I am going to Ikea tomorrow! It seems like an Ikea day...cheap fabric sounds nice!
    oooh cheers, thanks
    can I ask one more thing about the A&L account - have you reffered anyone and have you got any money from it yet?! (I reffered my little brother but none of us have got anything yet!)
  • Cinny91
    Options
    I saw the cheap fabric! It was marked down to 50p so I had a good gander, but I couldn't come up with any ideas on what to make with them so I thought I best leave it. I got lots of little things to spruce up my bedroom with so I'm quite pleased! And a tent for my dog charlie, not too sure about that but Ikea always makes me buy things I don't need.

How's your job hunt going Tinkerbel? Frank job search finally came through, he starts his new job a week on wednesday, I'm so chuffed for him!

My bank balance is reeeeeally low atm. Bought lots of christmas present and wrappings this weekend. Just a couple things to buy for Frank and his younger brother. On the brightside, I was buying his grandma a bird house earlier today which was marked at £8 but went through at £2.50. Pleased with that!!

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
  • villafan10
    Options
    tinkerbel wrote: »
    oooh cheers, thanks
    can I ask one more thing about the A&L account - have you reffered anyone and have you got any money from it yet?! (I reffered my little brother but none of us have got anything yet!)

I've referred 4 people at different stages and have had £50 back so far so obviously I am waiting for another £50, It takes around 8 weeks to come through.. so it takes a while.
  • Cinny91
    Options
    Hello Villafan!! :hello:

Just over heard abit of my families conversation of my christmas shopping in the break between songs on iTunes and my brother said. 'Kate's going to get a note down the chimney requesting her to work in lapland at this rate.' I don't know if I should be offended or not?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure