We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• suemagoo
    suemagoo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    Hi thanks Sazbo ,its funny how some people its the sweets or chocolate that gets to them .
    B,3 rashers of bacon and mushrooms
    L, 3 bits of cheese as late for dentist's
    D,one 100% beefburger salard home made coleslaw ,one day down keep on going !!
  • kissitbetta
    kissitbetta Posts: 63 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello: Hello peeps,

Another good day. Just checking in. To answer the questions about the meringues... they are bought but I now have the cream of tartare and hope to make my own soon as these are finished. My previous attempts have been pretty feeble but I will overcome!

I made oopsies... don't like them as much as I love the flax bread so I will stick with that I think. One thing though... I did sweeten a bit of the mixture and put them into mini silicon cupcake moulds (10 for 99p @ my... wait for it... 99p shop!). I had bought some low carb chocolate sauce and put a small amount of it over the oopsie eclairs with cream. OMG! Scrum tum!

I do think the expensive sauces and stuff have the side effect of stalling me sometimes but if I stay on it then I am happy. I have not had a chinese for 6 weeks now and for me THAT is a world record!

I risk getting all evangelical about Low carb... because it works! So forgive me when I [strike]preach[/strike] say... Come on! We can do it! :T I also haven't enjoyed this much before and that is all your fault! Thank you for being there!
  • philipjfry
    Options
    Shykins - thanks for the welcome, its good to be aboard.:p

angel - £39 seems good price for gym, i used to pay £50 and my DH pays £60. hope you enjoy it - i loved the body combat class until i damaged my achilles tendon [ouch!] and had to give up . now i do walking and my exercise dvd - it cheaper but not as much fun!

B - 2 POACHED EGGS AND GRILLED BACON.
    L - 3 OOPSIES PIZZAS[ SMALL ONES]
    D - FEW GRILLED LAMB CHOPS AND BUTTERED CURLY KALE. [ YUMMY!]

on to day 5 tomorrow. am dreading weigh day in case there is no change!:eek:

love jude. x
    lo
  • philipjfry
    Options
    Shykins - thanks for the welcome , im glad to be aboard.

Angel - that is a good price for the gym - i was paying £49 and my DH pays £60!

B - 2 POACHED EGGS AND GRILLED BACON.
    L - 3 SMALLISH OOPSIES MADE INTO PIZZAS
    D- FEW LAMB CHOPS WITH BUTTERED CURLY KALE [YUMMY]

start day 5 tomorrow and am dreading weigh day in case i havent lost anything!
    love jude x
  • philipjfry
    Options
    you can tell i new to this as thought id lost 1st message and bored u all again SORRY!:rolleyes:
    LOVE JUDE X
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i pay £490 a year for all the swimming and gym i want, mine has an in and outdoor pool (great in the summer for sunbathing) indoor and outdoor jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.... its the only reason i keep going lolol

jude be positive course u will lose, if u dont then there will be a good reason!

well had my first high fat day today,, is hard trying to up the fat without upping the protein massively, watch this space !!
    x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • FabuLass
    FabuLass Posts: 568 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Went to my local Holland and Barratts today and bought the most delicious sugar free 42g Belgian milk chocolate.
    Of course it has added sweeteners.....the ingredient list per 100g is:- carbs 43.5g of which sugars 8.5g. polyols 34.3g .
    Is this ok to eat....you'll notice I already said it was delicious....but I won't have any more til someone gives it the green light.....honest!
    You'll make my day if I know I've been helpful to you in some small way,
    so please press my :T thanks :Tbutton x
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    Hey mazzers-are you getting cramps? I did last time so this time Im taking potassium magenesium and calcium-as the Atkins book suggests and Im now painfree! Magic.

I'v always suffered with cramps as i have low potassium but doc says too much not good for you and as my BP meds raise levels am a bit 'fraid to take any.

Had bad day, weighed today (one week) and lost 3.8 lbs yay. but....
    went to friends dads funeral and was soooooo good, resisted all day but had glass of wine later then the mini pasties winked at me so i caved, then had a second then two ferrero rochers, :eek: some cheese and couple drumsticks, did resist the two gateaux with cream and sarnies but back to square one now. definately not worth it, shoulda had food before i went, feel bloated as hell and i've been feeling so 'slim' since getting carbs outta my system. was only two mini pasties and two chocs tho so could've been a lot worse.
    My ketostix arrived today along with a box of 70 sugarfree lollies, giant pear drops and army and navy sweets which are only for emergencies as i like the odd sweetie.
    Only had pepperami since so at least i haven't gone all out.
  • ~daisy~_2
    ~daisy~_2 Posts: 2,566 Forumite
    Options
    shy can you post your menu pls - am interested in this

i think im going to try what some of the other ladies on here are doing and not be so hung up about my weight for a bit

i dont have heaps to lose - half a stone would be lovely - but im getting stressed cos im not losing so then i sabotage myself by eating things i shouldnt so then i feel guilty and its a bit of a vicious circle

ive been having ppl ask me in the last week or 2 if ive lost weight and had comments about how ive lost all my ''christmas weight'' - i havent thought i had but it was the on off again thing still - so think my exercise and running is doing something right but really need to get out of the fed up/stress/guilt circle that i seem to be in at the mo

also bit of a disapointment - bought some flax seeds but my little blender thing wont blitz them - just whizzes them around and around and round !!
    :j MFi3 wannabee :j
    mortgage owing 04.07 £36,000
    mortgage owing 07.10 £0 !!!!
  • alm71
    alm71 Posts: 110 Forumite
    Options
    Well I've cut out the flaxbread this week just in case it's the reason that I've weight on. Going back to the Atkins Induction basics.

B: 3 slices bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg and mushrooms
    L: Turkey salad with mayonnaise
    D: Chicken and broccoli cheese with salad

Can anyone recommed a sauce, apart from cheese sauce, that I can add to meat but is Induction friendly please. I'm really getting fed up of cheese sauce.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport